American Airlines login no longer working

Options

There have been numerous topics on this board about American Airlines requiring your ID, last name, and password. I know how to manually save a login. I did that, it worked. It no longer works.

The manually saved login doesn't populate the last name field.

I trashed the old login and manually saved a new login. It didn't capture the last name field.

Please help.

1Password Version: 6.3.4
Extension Version: 4.6.1
OS Version: 10.12
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@dmonterroso: The difficulty with AA is that they have various login forms and they are not at all identical. Can you tell me the URL of the particular one you're having trouble with, along with the browser version? If there's a regression there, we definitely want to test it and fix it. Thanks in advance! :)

• dmonterroso
    dmonterroso
    Community Member
    Options

Sure thing, it's this page:

https://www.aa.com/homePage.do

Although I also have the same problem on other pages as well. I've tried both Chrome and Safari. Thanks!

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2016
    Options

@dmonterroso The way American's sign in forms are coded means that a Login saved on the main homepage won't fully fill on the dedicated sign in page. Right now, the best option is to choose one and use it for signing in each time. Personally, I would recommend saving on the dedicated sign in page and using go & fill.

--
    Jamie Phelps
    Code Wrangler @ AgileBits

Edit: fixed login URL

• dmonterroso
    dmonterroso
    Community Member
    Options

The behavior is really strange although this works. The saved login doesn't actually show my last name anywhere in the login details in the extension or the app.

The URL you provided for the sign in page is actually the signed out page BTW. If I'm in Chrome, the extension opens a Safari page and fills. I'd much rather use the home page but if this is all I can do I guess that's fine.

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni
    Options

We're certainly not giving up on this conundrum and I may have something for you to try in a little while, but I can't make any promises on that front. Just know it's on our radar and we hope to make it work much better soon. :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

The behavior is really strange although this works. The saved login doesn't actually show my last name anywhere in the login details in the extension or the app.

@dmonterroso: Login items in 1Password by default show only "standard" fields, such as username and password, since these are the ones that most likely need to be interacted with (edit, reveal, copy, etc.) You can click "show web form details" toward the bottom to see more, but it's generally best to leave these alone since 1Password uses them to figure out what goes where on the page.

The URL you provided for the sign in page is actually the signed out page BTW.

Sorry. Thanks for pointing that out! I've fixed the link so someone else who stumbles onto this doesn't run into that issue.

If I'm in Chrome, the extension opens a Safari page and fills. I'd much rather use the home page but if this is all I can do I guess that's fine.

If you're using 1Password mini from the menu bar, it should open URLs in the default browser you have set in System Preferences > General. Be sure to let us know if something else is happening.

I also wanted to mention in AA's defense that they seem to have made their main page secure finally. It used to be unencrypted, and it always freaked me out that people were encouraged to login there. Progress! We'll see if we can make some as well. ;)

• dmonterroso
    dmonterroso
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks guys!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Any time! We're here if you need us! :) :+1:

• duetjohn
    duetjohn
    Community Member
    Options

I'm seeing issues with the main aa.com page as well. I saved my login via the home page and tried to fill it on the same page using 1Password and it won't fill my last name. The field on the page has the same name as the field saved under Web form details. Reading above, it looks like this should work as long as I use the same page for my login, but it isn't. Any thoughts?
    1P 6.5.2, Safari 10.0.2

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@duetjohn: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the trouble! I thought maybe something had changed, so I just tried this myself...but the new login I saved filled everything correctly. To make matters worse (given that we're trying to troubleshoot this for you), I'm using 1Password for Mac 6.5.2 and Safari 10 as well (though somehow you seem to be 0.0.1 ahead of me, and I'm not seeing any updates). I'm also using 1Password extension 4.6.2 at https://www.aa.com/homePage.do. If this differs from what you're using, let me know. If not, please try to manually save a new login there and let me know if that helps. Thanks in advance! :)

• duetjohn
    duetjohn
    Community Member
    Options

That's interesting, it's working for me now. Perhaps I got confused by the difference between Safari's auto-fill and 1Password's, though I swear that I actually deleted both pre-filled fields and it still didn't work. Thanks for checking on this.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Ah, no problem! And it's definitely easy to get things mixed up with multiple password filling enabled. I'm not able to keep it straight myself, so I just disable it in the browser. Cheers! :lol:

This discussion has been closed.