What's included and what is not?

Dear Team,
The licensing within 1 Password is extremely confusing! I purchased the full app (incl. Pro features) from the Apple App Store and was of the impression that everything is included, meaning, I can share between multiple (iOS) devices and amongst other family members also using iOS.
Now I'm getting a message that my families trial expires and I have to purchase family membership? After paying ~60 USD (purchased in Switzerland) for the App??
Please explain to me what is included with my iOS purchase and how I can work on multiple devices without any additional fees.
Thank you and best regards
Gaba00

1Password Version: 6.4.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 10.0.2
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• dancodanco Senior Member Community Moderator

Annoyingly, Apple has two App Stores, one for the Mac and one for iOS devices, both called App Store. Did you actually WANT a Mac version? You only mention using it on iOS. If not, you should try to get a refund from Apple.

The basic version for iOS is free, with an in-app purchase for extra features. You can use it on all your iOS devices. To share with others requires either their using the same Apple ID as you, or the same Dropbox account.

It looks as though you have signed on to the new Families version, which is a subscription, even though you bought the stand-alone version.

• Thank you for the answer. Yes, I actually want to use it on my Mac and on all my iOS devices. Therefore I bought all of it.
    So still the question remains, how do I share with all of my devices. Is it just through the Apple ID? Is everything getting synched automatically? That was in the description of the App and one of the reasons I decided for spending quite a lot of money on this password manager.

• brentybrenty

Team Member

@Gaba00: Ah, thanks for clarifying! You didn't mention sync in your original post, so it sounded like you were just asking about licensing.

There are a few possibilities, but if you're using only Apple devices and a single local vault, iCloud is a great sync solution:

1Password sync options

However, you may want to consider a 1Password subscription, since it will give you access to all of the apps, the web interface, and do away with license management and sync configuration altogether — you simply login to your account to authorize a device and access your data:

1Password.com

And if you purchased through Apple recently, you may be able to get a refund, but at the very least we'll be happy to see what we can do to help. If you decide to go that route, just shoot us an email at [email protected] and we'll take care of you. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.