1Password options

Options
davegarratt
davegarratt
Community Member

At the moment I use 1Password with Vaults being shared with Dropbox between my Mac and my iPhone and also my wife's devices. Could someone clarify what would be the advantage of your new Accounts option, Family option or Team options. Obviously at the moment it's all working fine and I don't have any monthly fee's so I assume there is a advantage somewhere.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

If you have the licenced version, you may or may not be permitted to use it both for you and your wife. It depends when you bought, the terms of the licence have changed over time.

1PW for Teams is definitely not what you want, it's for more complicated situations, but you might want the Families version.

The great advantage of 1PW for Families is that it covers all versions of 1PW for ever. The licence only covers 1PW6 for Mac, and there may well be an upgrade price for 1PW7 when it appears.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@davegarratt: Indeed, if you purchased a family license (not to be confused with a 1Password Families subscription) then you're probably all set. A 1Password subscription differs from a standalone license in that it gives you access to all of the apps, the web interface, and does away with license management and sync configuration altogether — you simply login to your account to authorize a device and access your data:

1Password.com

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• davegarratt
    davegarratt
    Community Member
    Options

Families Licence (assume thats for the software installation licensing). So in summary if I switched to the families subscription I would not need dropbox and I could access my password database from any web browser ?

• @davegarratt,

you would not need dropbox and you would be able to access your password database with any modern web browser.

Rudy

This discussion has been closed.