Family License version 5, upgraded to version 6, how to install for my son

Options
gerhardkassner
gerhardkassner
Community Member

in 2014 I upgraded to a version 5 family license but used it only alone. Meanwhile having upgraded to version 6, being a happy, but still single customer.
My wife and daughter found it too cumbersome to use, my son was too young. Now he is interested, but I have no idea and did not find information on how to set things up on his computer and add the license information. We do not want to share things, but rather does he want to use it under the family license by himself. He has created a user accout already with his own mail account, but so far I find nothing to activate or unlock 1Password.

Thanks - Gerhard

1Password Version: 6.5.2
Extension Version: 652003
OS Version: OS 10.10.5
Sync Type: WiFi

Comments

• Hi @gerhardkassner! Glad to hear your son is interested in 1Password. :) Everyone in your family should be able to use the family license you purchased before. We don't sell those licenses anymore, but if you have one your family is welcome to use it on their devices. Your son can install 1Password on his Mac, then open your license file to start using it without an account. (If he enters his email and creates an account, he'll be using the 1Password subscription service, so be sure he opens the license to start using the app instead.)

Just to clarify one thing, when you upgraded to 1Password 6, did you pay for the upgrade? The upgrade from 1Password 4 to 5 and 6 is free, so you can use the same license for each one. Send us an email at support+licenses@agilebits.com if you did purchase again and we'll help you out.

This discussion has been closed.