Unable to log into desktop version after changing password on 1Password for Teams.

A user forgot their password so I did a recovery and successfully set up a new recovery kit for her. She can now log into 1Password for Teams and see all her passwords in her Vault. However, she is unable to log into the desktop version of 1Password 6. How do I open the desktop version so that I can sync it with Teams?

1Password Version: 6.5.2
Extension Version: Chrome 54.0.2840.98 (64-bit)
OS Version: macOS Sierra 10.12.1
Sync Type: 1Password for Teams
Referrer: forum-search:Unable to add desktop version after installing 1Password for Teams

Comments

• Hey @Shadow! I'm sorry for the trouble. Does she happen to be using 1Password for Windows? If so, she will need to start over with the app and sign in to her account again since the Master Password is not updated automatically in the Windows app right now. She can start over by first right-clicking the 1Password icon in her task bar and choosing Exit 1Password. Then have her click Start and type %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local followed by the Enter key. Have her drag the 1Password folder to her desktop so she has a copy just in case.

Now launch 1Password again and she should be able to sign in to her account using her new Master Password. Let us know how it goes. :) Or let us know if she's using a different platform.

This discussion has been closed.