Add a "Store Credit Card" field under Credit Card Types

Options
the_viper
the_viper
Community Member

When I enter a new credit card, I can select what "type" of card: Visa, MC, etc. Please add a "custom" name or "Dept Store" option. I have multiple credits cards issued by stores such as Best Buy, J Jill, and Old Navy, which don't use the Visa, Mastercard, Amex, Discover, etc. designation and can only be used at the stores issuing them, but they are technically credits cards. You're system doesn't allow anyway to designate them under the Type category. Please address this.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:store credit cards

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@the_viper: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! The purpose of the "type" field is for 1Password to fill (or select) it in a webform when filing your credit card details. For other kinds of cards, you can always add a custom field and name it whatever you want since 1Password doesn't need to use that when filling, at least from what I've seen. If you're having trouble with a particular page though, please let us know the URL so we can test it!

• the_viper
    the_viper
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, but the "type" field also dictates the associated image for the card, which is generally useful for the user beyond webforms. Since these cards don't have a relevant "type," they end up getting listed as a Visa card by default, which is not helpful for the user when looking for a card. Additionally, since these cards are not associated with the traditional credit card "types" and since you have to choose a "type" for all cards, I don't understand why having it falsely labeled as a Visa or Mastercard or anything of the other existing options is better than either a "custom" name or "Dept Store." Seems like it could lead to confusion if after entering the card into 1Password, someone falsely believed that it was actually a Visa card. Further, in your example of a webform, probably better to have a "custom" name or "Dept Store" option that does not falsely select one of the existing "types" and instead leaves the type of card blank on a webform.

• W_Hanna
    W_Hanna
    Community Member
    Options

I agree with the_viper. Had the same thing happen this morning when trying to add a store card. Would seem like a very simple fix.

• Hi @W_Hanna @the_viper ,

We can certainly look into adding custom types, but it is not as simple as adding another type to the menu. Filling on pages, sync between versions must also be considered. That's not to say it's impossible, just that it isn't a quick fix. We will still look into it though.

Regards,
    Kevin

• the_viper
    the_viper
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks. Appreciate your consideration and awesome customer service! The AgileBits team is the best!!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@the_viper, @W_Hanna: Sure! You can easily set a custom icon for any item in 1Password by editing it and dragging an image to replace the current icon. Useful for all item types, not just Credit Cards. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.