Upgrade from 3 to 6

I have a family version of 1PW ver 3 and want to upgrade to version 6 (for the family). For security reasons I am really not interested in the subscription service. When I hit upgrade from within my 1Password program (from my current version 3), it says "upgrade to version 4." It sends me to the website that asks me to pay for the upgrade. However, I don't see anything in the purchase window telling me what version I am about to upgrade to. Is it in fact version 6 or am I being asked to upgrade version by version from 3 to 6?

Thanks

1Password Version: Version 3.8.22 (build 32010)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.10.5
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

I have a family version of 1PW ver 3 and want to upgrade to version 6 (for the family). For security reasons I am really not interested in the subscription service.

@mackaroni: Well, you've piqued my interest! Can you elaborate? The best reason to use 1Password is for security, after all. :sunglasses:

When I hit upgrade from within my 1Password program (from my current version 3), it says "upgrade to version 4." It sends me to the website that asks me to pay for the upgrade. However, I don't see anything in the purchase window telling me what version I am about to upgrade to. Is it in fact version 6 or am I being asked to upgrade version by version from 3 to 6?

Yep! We don't sell legacy versions of our software, and while license will also work for older versions, what you're paying for is the current ones: 1Password for Windows version 4, and 1Password for Mac version 6.

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• mackaroni
    mackaroni
    Community Member

After reading my post, I can see where what I wrote might have seemed insulting. I didn't mean to imply that your site isn't secure. We only wish to not have our password files stored in the cloud. By measure of honesty, I also don't want a subscription at this time. I do think that your 1Password is an amazing piece of software and I am grateful for it.

Thank you so much for your help.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2016

@mackaroni: Oh hey, no worries! We welcome constructive criticism, and actively solicit the scrutiny of security professionals. Any such feedback you have to offer is appreciated, as that's how we improve our products after all!

And keep in mind that your 1Password data is end-to-end encrypted, so 1Password simply doesn't depend on the sync service to protect your data. 1Password is secure by design, not by chance.

At the end of the day, whether you prefer a subscription or a license, and whatever means you choose to sync your data (or not), your data gets access to the best security we can offer. And we're here for you. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.