Are vaults I create a sub of primary? If yes if primary is backed up to iCloud, are the subs also?

Options
vioia61855
vioia61855
Community Member

The title is pretty much the question. Thanks.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Are vaults I create a sub of primary? If yes if primary is backed up to iCloud, are the subs also?

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @vioia61855,

Thanks for contacting us with your questions!

Are vaults I create a sub of primary?

No, if you create additional local vaults (i.e. vaults that are not part of a 1Password.com account), each one will have its own master password and its own sync settings. For your convenience, unlocking 1Password with your Primary vault's master password will also unlock all your other vaults. It works that way so you only need to enter one master password to access all your data, instead of needing to unlock each vault separately.

If yes if primary is backed up to iCloud, are the subs also?

Only the Primary vault can sync via iCloud. If you have other local vaults in 1Password on your Mac, they can be synced via Dropbox. Each local vault will have its own sync settings. (If you add a 1Password.com account, the vaults in that account won't have their own sync settings because they automatically sync through our own servers.)

Hopefully that answers your questions, but please let us know if you need anything else. We're always happy to help! :)

• vioia61855
    vioia61855
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you Drew! :)

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @vioia61855

On behalf of Drew, you're very welcome! If you have any other questions or if there's anything else that we can do for you, you know where to find us ;)

This discussion has been closed.