Need to sign out family member from Mac app

Sben
Sben
Community Member

Setting up a new Mac, I used the email, account key, and account password of the wrong member of our family account. When trying to sign in as the correct member, I get a popup: "1Password Account Cannot Be Added. A member from [family name] has already been added to 1Password. You cannot add two accounts from the same Family or Team."

How can I remove the incorrect family member from the app's set of accounts, so that I can add the proper family member?

1Password Version: 6.5.2
Extension Version: n/a
OS Version: macOS 10.12.1
Sync Type: 1Password family account
Referrer: forum-search:Need to sign out family member from Mac app

Comments

• Sben
    Sben
    Community Member

From Preferences -> Accounts, I can select the family account and choose to Sign Out, but this doesn't seem to permit me to sign in as any other family member. I have not been able to figure out how to delete or otherwise remove the family account from that window (delete key, control-click for a contextual menu, etc.).

• Hi @Sben ,

Can you clarify a bit. Does it not allow you to sign out, or does it allow you to sign out, but then doesn't allow you sign in with another member?

Also, if the account is the only thing you have on this installation (i.e. no other vaults or accounts) you can start over. Simply lock 1Password and go to the Help menu and choose Troubleshooting > Reset 1Password Data

It will then remove all vaults and accounts from the Mac and let you re-sign in with the other account. It's like starting over with a fresh installation.

Regards,
    Kevin

• Sben
    Sben
    Community Member

@ag_kevin: The app allows me to sign out, but I'm still not able to sign in as another member. (I'm not 100% certain it actually signed me out, but I haven't dug into this enough to convince myself that's what I'm seeing.)

I hadn't realized that Reset 1Password Data exists; that will almost certainly solve my problem (I don't have any other data yet). But you may want to poke around here a bit in case there really is a usability problem (e.g. in the case where I did have other data).

Thanks for the reply.

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Sben

On behalf of Kevin, you're welcome! I'm glad to hear that you got this sorted out. I think this makes sense in the frame of how 1Password works, but we'll take a look into it. I hope that 1Password works smoothly for you from now on but if you need us again, we're here for you! :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.