Unable to Delete Primary Vault Synched With Dropbox

I have 1Password for Teams but also have several vaults synched via Dropbox. While there is an option for the deleting these vaults which are outside of my team account, the one named "Primary" has the option to delete greyed out on my mac and not an option on my iPad. If I understand correctly, the only way to fully remove this is to delete all the other outside vaults first? I hope this isn't the case.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Delete Dropbox vault

Comments

• Hi @fit4health! To remove your Primary vault, the other vaults outside your account will need to be removed from the app first. If these are synced, you can remove them, remove the Primary vault, and add them back later starting with the Primary vault as the first vault you have outside your account. 1Password needs a Primary vault to use local vaults, so you can simply start with that one and sync it with one of the other vaults you have outside your account right now.

There's another option too. Instead of removing the old vaults then adding them back, migrate them to your team account. You can create the vaults there and move the contents of the vaults you already have over to these. I recommend this because you get all the benefits of 1Password Teams with the vaults if they are inside the account. That means they're backed up automatically, you can restore item versions if you'd like, and everything is synced with your account to keep things simple.

Hope this helps! :)

• fit4health
    fit4health
    Community Member

If I migrate to my team account then I can no longer sync/share with non-team members correct? This would defeat the whole purpose of having the outside vaults.

On a related question, how can a member of another team account share a vault with me, or is the only option to sync outside the team as discussed originally?

• @fit4health That is correct. You could invite those people to your team as guests if they don't work at your company, but you still want to share things with them. If they are family or friends and you'd prefer not to use 1Password Families, you can keep things outside your account by setting the Primary vault to sync with the main shared vault as I mentioned.

On a related question, how can a member of another team account share a vault with me, or is the only option to sync outside the team as discussed originally?

They could invite you as a guest on their team, you could do the same on yours, or you could keep things outside the account. Guests only get access to one vault, which should be enough for them to access things, or for you to do that on their team.

• fit4health
    fit4health
    Community Member

1) As a guest, can I edit items?
    2) As a guest, would I use my own password or would it be shared?
    3) While I can only share one vault with a guest, can I have other guests/vaults?

• @fit4health You can set permissions for guests, so they can edit items in a vault if you want them to, or they can just view them. Other things are like members too, and they do get their own Account Key and Master Password so you aren't sharing the same one. You can have multiple guests in your team — the Pro plan includes 20 and the Standard plan includes 5. Learn more about guests in our knowledge base article about them:

Share passwords and other items with guests

Hope this helps!

• fit4health
    fit4health
    Community Member

Final question on this: If I share a vault with a guest who happens to have a single-user account with 1Pass, does she need to create another account or is there a way of linking her guest access to her current account?

• fit4health
    fit4health
    Community Member

FYI her login is my.1password.com whereas mine is company_name.1password.com so I imagine this would make a difference and require a separate account?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Final question on this: If I share a vault with a guest who happens to have a single-user account with 1Pass, does she need to create another account or is there a way of linking her guest access to her current account?

@fit4health: The accounts (and vaults belonging to them) will be separate, but both can be used in the app(s).

FYI her login is my.1password.com whereas mine is company_name.1password.com so I imagine this would make a difference and require a separate account?

Correct. https://my.1password.com is used for individual accounts, while 1Password Teams and 1Password Families have custom sign-in addresses.

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.