In 652003 version, intermittently, when I select an item in left-hand pane, the right-hand pane

Options
lginnc
lginnc
Community Member

does not change. I have to close and re-open the application to restore normal operation. I haven't pinpointed the exact sequence that causes this, but it has happened several times.

1Password Version: 6.5.2
Extension Version: 652003
OS Version: 10.12.1
Sync Type: dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:6.5.2 not working

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @lginnc,

I'm sorry you're having some trouble with 1Password 6.5.2!

...when I select an item in left-hand pane, the right-hand pane does not change.

Can you please elaborate on exactly what you mean? I'm not sure if I understand. It sounds like this happens in the main 1Password app - are you selecting one of the item categories (or folders, tags, Security Audit options, etc) in the left sidebar, or are you selecting one of the items in the item list? (Or something else?) When you do that, what do you see on the right side?

Also, does the problem happen with one specific thing you select on the left? Or does the same thing happen when selecting anything there?

Thanks in advance! :)

• lginnc
    lginnc
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry I wasn't clear! I am referring to the 1Password app. There are actually 3 columns. The leftmost shows categories, etc., the middle shows a list of entries. Normally, when I select something from the list in the middle, details appear in the pane to the right. When I click on a different item in the middle column, the details change.

Very recently I noticed that when I select a different item in the middle column, the details don't change. I can scroll and click on different entries in the middle column, the details don't change. I've been using this app for years , and not seen this behavior. Closing and reopening the app restores normal behavior.

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @lginnc

Thank you for getting back to us with these additional details. That does sound weird and annoying! Could you please try the next steps and see if it helps. Go to the Applications folder and drag 1Password into the trash. Then empty the trash and restart your computer. You can then download 1Password again from here: https://1password.com/downloads/ and install it again. All your 1Password data and setting will be there when you open it :chuffed:

Please let us know if you try this and if it helps you!

This discussion has been closed.