Does the App Store version support teams yet?

Options

Can you have a team account and use the version of 1password downloaded on your Mac through the app store? A team member suggested on another thread in this forum about a year ago that this capability was coming soon.

The reason for this request is that teams seems to offer a lot of good administration features for a business, but to deploy 1Password as part of a DEP, it needs to be a program available in the App Store and not just a download from the site.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:teams app store

Comments

• Hi @TTmatt! It does indeed. :) We added support to the Mac App Store app early this year. However, purchasing from the Mac App Store would mean you are purchasing 1Password twice, since 1Password Teams is a subscription on its own. You're welcome to use the version of 1Password from our website with your account — it's free. There's not currently a way for us to give a free copy of the Mac App Store app to users with subscription accounts.

• TTmatt
    TTmatt
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the response, Jacob. If you're using teams, I presume each user would also be able to sync between their device running the version from the App Store and a mobile device for example.

You also started to answer my next question. Paying isn't an issue, though purchasing twice does seem a little silly. Is resolving this something that's on the radar or no? Alternatively, if we were to go forward with this scenario, would any type of credit for the purchase price of the downloaded product be able to be applied toward the subscription?

• @TTmatt No problem. I'd be happy to chat a bit more about this. Send us an email at sales@1password.com and we'll see what we can do for you. Feel free to mention this thread in the message as well. :)

This discussion has been closed.