6.5.BETA-5 On-Screen Keyboard not Showing

Options
MrCarney
MrCarney
Community Member

After using 1Password for Android version 6.5.BETA-5 for a few days, my Nexus 6P (Android 7.0 Patch Level 2016.11.05) will begin having issue with the on-screen keyboard. If the 1Password keyboard is enabled and selected, sometimes clicking in a text field will simply not bring up the keyboard - at least not for a very, very long time if it ever comes up. After several seconds, I will occasionally get the input switcher icon, and if I click on it and choose the Google Keyboard, the keyboard pops up just fine. If I then switch back to the 1Password keyboard, sometimes it comes up right away and sometimes it is very slow coming up. After fighting with this for a few days, I uninstalled and re-installed the app and it seemed to behave better. Now, after a few days, it's back to doing it again. The most frustrating part is that sometimes the on-screen keyboard won't show up and neither will the input switcher -- which forces me to go into Settings and disable the 1Password keyboard altogether so I can actually get a keyboard!

1Password Version: 6.5.BETA-5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 7.0
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Thanks for reporting this issue, @MrCarney. I haven't heard this problem from others, and I'm not seeing it on my own device, so I wonder if the issue is with your device. I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your Android device:
    https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/android.html

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+android@agilebits.com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

A short note here once you've sent the Report in will help us to keep an eye out for it. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

This discussion has been closed.