1Password Mini improvement suggestions

Nathan_Freeman
Nathan_Freeman
Community Member
edited November 2016 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Hi,

Can you please remove the option titled "Open 1Password Mini" when you right click on the 1Password 6 system tray icon? It is accessible by simply clicking on the system tray icon and the option "Open 1Password App" should be at the top.

Kind Regards,
Nathan.

1Password Version: 6.1.296d
Extension Version: 6.1.296d
OS Version: Windows 7+
Sync Type: Teams

Comments

• Nathan_Freeman
    Nathan_Freeman
    Community Member

Hi,

Can you please include a keyboard shortcut to open the full 1Password App? Currently there is a keyboard shortcut to open the mini app. What would be ideal is an option that allows the user to select their own keyboard shortcuts, or failing that, the ability specify whether the existing keyboard shortcut opens 1Password Mini or the full app.

Kind Regards,
    Nathan.

• Nathan_Freeman
    Nathan_Freeman
    Community Member

Hi,

Can you please include double clicking on the 1Password icon in the System Tray to open the full app? Currently it opens and then immediately closes the 1Password mini app.

Kind Regards,
    Nathan.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2016

@Nathan_Freeman: It sounds like these feature requests are specific to the new 1Password 6 Windows desktop app, so I've merged them and moved this post to the Windows category of the forums.

Can you please remove the option titled "Open 1Password Mini" when you right click on the 1Password 6 system tray icon? It is accessible by simply clicking on the system tray icon and the option "Open 1Password App" should be at the top.

Perhaps. I think it may be more useful and consistent with Windows behaviour to keep both options and simply allow double-clicking to open the main 1Password app though.

Can you please include a keyboard shortcut to open the full 1Password App? Currently there is a keyboard shortcut to open the mini app. What would be ideal is an option that allows the user to select their own keyboard shortcuts, or failing that, the ability specify whether the existing keyboard shortcut opens 1Password Mini or the full app.

It's something we can consider. 1Password mini is used more frequently though, and for consistency with other versions of 1Password that should be the main keyboard shortcut. Maybe we can also make it easier to open the main window from 1Password mini.

Can you please include double clicking on the 1Password icon in the System Tray to open the full app? Currently it opens and then immediately closes the 1Password mini app.

I sincerely hope so! That drives me a bit nuts, honestly. We still have a lot of improvements we want to make to 1Password mini overall, so this all of these are things we'll take into account as we do that.

Thanks or taking the time to leave this feedback! Please be sure to update to the latest version, as you seem to be a bit behind. Cheers! :)

ref: OPW6-763

• Nathan_Freeman
    Nathan_Freeman
    Community Member
    edited December 2016

Hey @brenty,

Thanks for merging all these into one post. Yep I agree that all these things would be resolved if the full 1Password client launched on double clicking the system tray icon. I'll let you guys discuss that feature between yourselves and decide when it should be implemented. I hope to see it soon!

Kind Regards,
    Nathan.

edit: Forgot to tag :)

• On behalf of Brenty, you're welcome.

I believe we do plan to do that for double-clicking on the 1Password icon, it's just not yet implemented.

This discussion has been closed.