Visa Checkout support

Options

Hello, today I went and purchased something from Bestbuy.ca. They have a new feature called Visa Checkout (well new to me). They were giving a $10 discount for anyone using the service.

Anyway, I set up an account to use this, it had me register an email address and password. No biggie I thought for 1P.
But when I went to use the service on bestbuy.ca I wasn't able to use the password filling.

Couple of issues. When using Visa Checkout, the URL of the site does not change to a Visa URL, so if I save the URL, the login gets saved under the bestbuy.ca domain.

If I was to use this on another site, I would need to manually copy the login, because there is no common URL for this service.

Any ideas on how this can be resolved?
Is there a possibility to add a login and password to my credit card entry in 1P and use that when I need to use the credit card?

1Password Version: 6.5.2 (652003) AgileBits Store
Extension Version: 4.6.2.b2
OS Version: 10.10.5
Sync Type: dropbox/1P

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @skippingrock,

If this Visa Checkout is anything like the Verified by Visa or similar I see in the UK then for the moment we don't support it. The way filling works is we use the URL of the open site so only display Login items for BestBuy as a result. What you're after though is a generic Login item that will fill on any site, something we don't currently support.

I'm not sure what the answer here is. For the moment you will be limited to copy and paste. You can certainly add a password field to a Credit Card item but we don't use custom fields during filling.

Personally I'm not a fan of this Verified by Visa stuff. Asking me to input verification details into various sites because an IFrame tells me it's okay really doesn't inspire any confidence. Everything in that IFrame can be easily copied and now they've trained an entire generation of people that it's okay to supply this password whenever it's asked for. That's just my opinion but the whole practice just seems like a bad idea to me and that's before you even get to how easy it is to reset the password (for my bank at least).

I apologise that 1Password isn't geared up for this kind if request and I'm not sure what the future will bring that will let us handle these sorts of things. It does mean we have questions to ask ourselves :smile:

This discussion has been closed.