To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

My account has been rate limited.

Options
simofacc
simofacc
Community Member

Hi,

I have been trying to setup the 1Password app on my new Macbook, but I keep getting the error "Device Rate Limited".

Before this I also got errors on my Windows PC about too many attempts at the same time. I currently have 1Password constantly in use on at least 3 devices.

Can you please help?

Thanks!

1Password Version: 1Password 6 Version 6.5.2 (652003) AgileBits Store
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX 10.12.1
Sync Type: 1Password

Comments

• Hi @simofacc! I'm sorry about that. 1Password for Windows didn't fully support converting an account from a family to individual, which is how you hit this bump. To get things working again, open and unlock 1Password for Windows, click the gear in the top right, and choose Options. Then click Updates and install the latest version available. Once you've done that, let's reset 1Password for Windows so you can sign in to your individual account rather than the family one you had before:

1. Right-click the 1Password icon in your task bar and choose Exit 1Password.
    2. Select the Start button, copy and paste the following into the search box, and press Enter: %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local
    3. Drag the 1Password folder to your Desktop.

Now open 1Password again and sign in to your account. If you are still rate limited, wait a little bit for the previous rate limit to expire so you can sign in. Let us know how it goes. :)

• simofacc
    simofacc
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,

I have tried setting up 1Password from scratch on OSX instead of Windows and now I am getting an error that the account key for this email address should start XX-YYYYY but I am inputting the correct details from the recovery document.

• simofacc
    simofacc
    Community Member
    Options

Even on my mobile device I am getting the same account key as my emergency kit.

• simofacc
    simofacc
    Community Member
    Options

@Jacob do you have any suggestions?

• @simofacc Thanks for the update. Could you try opening https://my.1password.com in your browser and signing in there using the same Account Key and Master Password? If you're able to get in, click your name in the top right of the page and choose My Profile. Then copy your Account Key there by clicking it and try signing in to 1Password for Windows with it. Let us know how it goes.

This discussion has been closed.