To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Have a family license but account is frozen

System
edited November 2016 in Memberships
This discussion was created from comments split from: Impossible to remove a frozen account.

Comments

• BenjaminNimmons
    BenjaminNimmons
    Community Member

Hi, I have a family license but my account is frozen – how is that possible?

Can someone help me analyze my account and discern whether overlapping permissions or registrations have corrupted my account? And if not, explain to me whether I need to pay for 1Password even though I have a family account license?

Thanks in advance for your help.

• Hi @BenjaminNimmons

Thanks for taking the time to write in!

It appears you signed up for a 1Password.com Individual account on Oct 20, 2016. 1Password.com accounts are subscription accounts, and are different/separate from our standalone licenses.

It appears you have a fair bit of data saved in the 1Password.com account. If you wish to continue using the account you'd need to add your credit card info in the billing tab of the admin panel at https://my.1password.com/

You could also upgrade this account to a 1Password Families account if you'd like to have the ability to invite additional family members to your account so that they can also take advantage of the service. Just sign in on 1Password.com and choose “Invite people” from the top right menu.

Some of the benefits of an account are:

• Built-in automatic access to your data across all devices (just sign into your account from the 1Password app)
    • Data loss protection
    • Web access to your data on 1Password.com
    • Item History for restoring deleted or changed items
    • Secure Document storage
    • Brand new multi-factor security model
    • The ability to easily share with family or team members (1Password Families or 1Password Teams only)
    • All of the latest versions of all of our 1Password applications are included. No more upgrade costs or separate purchases to cover various platforms.

If you would rather not use the account, and instead would prefer to go back to using a license, you can do that as well. You'd just need to reverse the migration procedure outlined here:

Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account

Once complete and all of your data is back in a local vault you would then remove the 1Password.com account from the app via the 1Password > Preferences > Accounts menu by clicking the sign out button.

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• BenjaminNimmons
    BenjaminNimmons
    Community Member

Hi Ben, thanks for the swift reply. My Dad added me to his family license, which I tried to sign up for the same day, 20 October.

Can I send you my Dad's family license and, or my emergency kit?

• @BenjaminNimmons As Ben mentioned, your license is different from an account. It doesn't include an Emergency Kit. Your dad can request his license from https://support.1password.com/trial-expired#add-your-license and forward it to you so you can apply it on your computer. Alternatively, you can use a family account, but it's not included with the license you have.

• BenjaminNimmons
    BenjaminNimmons
    Community Member
    edited December 2016

Thanks @Jacob I have tried to apply my Dad's license to my computers (MacBook Pro, iPhone, and iPad) and I cannot seem to make it work – can you please look at my email and help me apply the license to my account? And if you want, can you call me at [removed to protect privacy]?

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @BenjaminNimmons

I'm sorry about the confusion with all this. We have two independent products, one is licenses and the other one is accounts. There is no Family Account related to this email address. Either your dad sent the invite to the wrong address or he has a Family License. It sounds like the second option is the correct one. You will find a link on the email your dad sent you to add you to his family license, it should look like this:

Once you've clicked on "Apply license" you'll be able to use 1Password. You can download the basic version of 1Password for free on your iOS devices. You will then need to set up sync by yourself. If you find your license please let us know so we can guide you to move your data there :chuffed:

If you don't have either of the two things then please send us an email to support+forums@agilebits.com with your dad's email so we can help you sort out what he got and how to make it work on your computer.

Please let us know what you find out and if you're able to apply your license! :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.