How do I make a Note fieldtype when using the browser?

Options
SoftAllan
SoftAllan
Community Member

Logged into the family account with the browser, found the item in a vault that needs to be edited and then I have clicked the Edit button. Now I want to add a new field that takes a multiline text. I can add the Section name, give the "label" field a name like "note" and fill the first line of the appending textfield. However the fieldtype is a oneline textfield. When I tab out of the field it is created and I can select what kind of field I would have the textfield changed into with the round gray button and it gives me a list of different types like Text, URL, Email and so on. But I cannot select a type that can have multiple lines.
How do I create a note field that takes multiple lines?

I know you can create a "Secure Note" item but that makes a new entry in my vault. I would like the current "Secure Note" to have an additional note field.

Allan

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Allan,

1Password does not currently support additional multi-line text fields, beyond the default one. That said, I'd be happy to pass your request along to our development team for their consideration for the future.

Ben

• SoftAllan
    SoftAllan
    Community Member
    Options

@Ben Please do :)

• Ben
    Options

:+1: :)

Ben

• southernforge
    southernforge
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Ben,
    The functionality of mutiple url's associated with a login entry before 1Password for Families was an important and useful feature - one that I used for many of my login entries.
    To now find that functionality is just ... gone, is insane.
    Who at AgileBits thought that removing the ability to edit/add mutiple url fields would be a good idea? :(

• @southernforge As Rick mentioned in your thread about this issue, it sounds like there's a bug afoot. Please reply in that thread so we can get things sorted out. :)

• southernforge
    southernforge
    Community Member
    Options

@Jacob, understood. I apologize for the multiple posts - and replied over there. thanks :blush:

• It's all good :)

This discussion has been closed.