I installed version 3.8.22 on an old Mac with OS X Lion, but would not accept my family account key

I installed version 3.8.22 on an old Mac with OS X Lion, and put in my family account key, but got the error message “This is not a 1password for Mac License…” How can I get 1password for this old Mac?

1Password Version: 3.8.22
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.7.5
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I installed version 3.8.22 on an old Mac with OS X Lion, and put in my family account key, but got the error message “This is not a 1password for Mac License…” How can I do this?

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@larrywilhoit: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! If you're a 1Password Families subscriber, this does not technically include versions of 1Password earlier than 6. I say "technically", because we're happy to give you a license for that...but it will work on its own; since it predates the subscription service, it cannot connect to it. I'll be happy to answer any other questions you have, or feel free to shoot us an email at support@1password.com if you'd like us to set that up for you. :)

• larrywilhoit
    larrywilhoit
    Community Member

Thanks for the clear explanation. Yes, I would like to get a license for this old version of 1password, even though it will not connect to the subscription service.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@larrywilhoit: You're welcome! Like I said, just shoot us an email and we'll take care of you. For obvious reasons, it's best to keep personal account information out of a public forum. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.