1password for family is not syncing (Build 6.1.308d)

1Password 6 for Teams on Windows 7 is not syncing. I have 85 outstanding changes that need to be pushed to my family and I can't seem to make it sync to the web. It's stuck on my desktop. This has been a reoccurring issue for months now. I have tried updating the build, restarting my computer, etc. I am afraid to uninstall completely and reinstall at this point.

1Password Version: 6.1.308d
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 7
Sync Type: LAN
Referrer: forum-search:1password teams not syncing

Comments

• mohamedosman
    mohamedosman
    1Password Alumni

Hey @MoniqueD, sorry for the trouble here!

Did you see any notifications (bottom left) in the 1Password app about sync errors?
    Have you changed the password on your 1Password account recently?
    Also, we can force a sync by trying to edit an item. Can you edit/cancel and see if that helps force a sync; if not, we'd need to see a diagnostic report to better understand what's going on.

How to generate a diagnostic report

Attach the Diagnostics Report to an email message addressed to support+windows@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and ensure that it is dealt with quickly.

• MoniqueD
    MoniqueD
    Community Member
    edited November 2016

Hi Mohamedosman,

Yes, I have tried both of those methods. That is why I have 86 pending changes right now. It tells me that there is an authentication error. I did change my password about 1 month ago but not since then. I did submit an email to support+windows email address this morning.

The changed password works on other devices (Iphones) and they sync just fine.

• mohamedosman
    mohamedosman
    1Password Alumni

Hey @MoniqueD, can you follow the steps I mentioned earlier and send us a diagnostic report. I'd prefer to see your logs before suggesting any further steps.

Please let us know here when you've got the diagnostic report sent.

• MoniqueD
    MoniqueD
    Community Member

I sent that diagnostic report this morning to the correct address. I just resent it from my work email.

• mohamedosman
    mohamedosman
    1Password Alumni

I've got your email @MoniqueD, we'll continue the conversation there :).

• Pierrehf
    Pierrehf
    Community Member

I Mohameddosman, I have the same problem as Monique have, do you have anny answer?

• Hi @Pierrehf,

Thanks for writing in, you'll have to email us your 1Password diagnostics report because not everyone has the same issue. In the screenshot above posted by Monique, the issue is most likely because the 1Password.com account has been changed and that definitely will block the sync because the app no longer had valid credentials to work with. There are different solutions depending on how the account has changed.

Please use this guide to generate the 1Password diagnostic report and email it to us at support+windows@agilebits.com. Also, in the email, include the link to this thread along with your forum username, so that we can connect the email to this thread.

Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can confirm we got the email.

• Pierrehf
    Pierrehf
    Community Member

Thanks to answer Mike, I will try to do it tonight, but tomorrow I will be out of country for 2 weeks so it could be on my return.

Thanks
    Pierre

• Hi @Pierrehf,

No problem, we'll be here anytime you're ready. I'd suggest trying to see if you can sign in to your 1Password.com account using Firefox or Chrome to quickly rule out a few things for us.

• Pierrehf
    Pierrehf
    Community Member

Yes I just connect using chrome and I notice with some login I change the password using 1password for windows 6.1.308d and there is no sync with my Iphone and no sync with my account when I connect using chrome.

• Pierrehf
    Pierrehf
    Community Member

I just send the diagnostic report.

Pierre

• Hi @Pierrehf,

Thanks, we got the email and will reply to your email as soon as possible. A quick glance at your log has confirmed your credentials are invalid in 1Password, we'll explain how to fix this soon.

ref: HAC-59396-313

• Pierrehf
    Pierrehf
    Community Member

I have this to with my name on.

• Yep, that's because your credentials needs to be fixed in the app. Stay tuned for an email from us.

• Pierrehf
    Pierrehf
    Community Member

Good thanks

Pierre

• You're welcome.

This discussion has been closed.