Different vaults for different things

tuur
tuur
Community Member

Hi there!

At the moment I have 2 vaults (using 4.0 on Windows, sync with Onedrive): 1 for all my personal data and 1 for family members or friends data that I might need. I have split it this way so that when something should happen to me, my personal master password will released to someone I trust. This person will have full control over my personal accounts, without getting access to family/friends accounts that I have accumulated over the years.

I've been wanting to upgrade to the new windows client, and am getting tired of the whole 'android-data-clearing-debacle'. So can this setup be replicated in the new subscription service, without spending tens of dollars a month for a whole Team?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• tuur
    tuur
    Community Member

Just noticed I posted this to the wrong board, but I can't remove my own threads so...

• Hi @tuur,

Thanks for writing in. Where did you want to move this to, Families?

To answer your question directly, you can use the cheaper Families plan with up to 5 family members and 5 guests included in the plan.

You will have better control over who can access each vault with 1Password.com service, we've described the process here.

There is a gotcha for your setup:

This person will have full control over my personal accounts, without getting access to family/friends accounts that I have accumulated over the years.

If you give someone access to your entire 1Password.com account, they do gain access to all shared vaults in that account but not the private personal vault in each account though.

• tuur
    tuur
    Community Member

Ideally I'd like it to work with the personal subscription. Only I will be using it and I don't have a lot of money to spend as a student. Perhaps there's a feature to share specific folders or something in case something happens?
    In case a family is required for this setup. Could I make a master user without any data, and have all personal data be in a different normal user (which I can than share on it's own).

• MikeT
    edited December 2016

Hi @tuur,

I've moved your thread to our Families forum.

1Password.com Individuals do not have any sharing features, so the Families type is still required.

Could I make a master user without any data, and have all personal data be in a different normal user (which I can than share on it's own).

You can do that if you want, yes.

This discussion has been closed.