Cannot Export

I followed the Instructions for "How to export data from 1Password".
I have Admin/Owner privileges and cannot Export data using Windows version 6.1.308b

It says - No Exportable Items Selected

Can you please help?
We need to export these items immediately.

Thanks
Admin

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• MikeT
    edited December 2016

Hi @admin_moonbot,

Thanks for writing in.

Prior to exporting, did you go to All items and in the item list, select the items you want to export before selecting the Settings > Export option?

Also, when you said you have admin rights, do you mean to your 1Password.com account or on the computer? If you do not own the 1Password.com account, then the issue may be that the vault managers has restricted you from exporting your data.

Please be careful with the export files, they're not protected nor encrypted in any way.

• admin_moonbot
    admin_moonbot
    Community Member

MikeT,
    Thanks for replying.
    1. I am a member of the Owner/Admin group (it does not say you need to be a part of this in your online documentation so it would be great if the instructions were accurate ~ if that is the case: https://support.1password.com/export/
    2. Yes, I did to go All items and select the items I wanted to export.
    3. I have admin rights to the 1Password account (see #1) and I have full Admin rights (both local and Domain) on the local computer.

Can you please continue to help address my specific error of "No Exportable Items Selected"? I do not see any kb article nor forum post about it.

Do I need to be logged in with the actual account that created the 1Password account (and not just a user that was created and has Admin/Owner group permissions)?
    I hope that is the answer (once again it is not defined in the instructions).

Thanks
    Admin

• mohamedosman
    mohamedosman
    1Password Alumni

Hey @admin_moonbot,

Can you please continue to help address my specific error of "No Exportable Items Selected"? I do not see any kb article nor forum post about it.

You can also see this message if you only have view access to the vault you're trying to export items from. This is not affected by owner/admin status and you need to ensure that you have editing capability for the vault.

You can manage access by logging into your 1Password.com account and going to "Admin console > vaults", select the vault you want to export from, then selecting the "gear" icon next to your name and changing permissions to "Allow Editing" or "Custom Access".

Do I need to be logged in with the actual account that created the 1Password account (and not just a user that was created and has Admin/Owner group permissions)?

No, you just need to ensure that you have edit/write access to the vault.

Thanks for pointing this out! I'll make sure to let our documentation team know.

• admin_moonbot
    admin_moonbot
    Community Member

mohamedosman,
    Thank you! This was the fix I needed! The vaults did not have the options checked for Exporting (among other items).

Thank you again, this issue is solved.
    Admin

• mohamedosman
    mohamedosman
    1Password Alumni

Wonderful! Thanks for letting us know the fix worked @admin_moonbot :)

This discussion has been closed.