1Password rich icon weirdness

defiant
defiant
Community Member
edited December 2016 in Families

Hi there,

On the web version I seem to be missing rich icons for some sites, these are icons that have been added automatically and not by me.

For example, in the below screenshot 1Password web is on the left and the 1Password Mac is on the right

Why is citrix.com, cjs-cdkeys, cloudflare and coffeegeek missing the icon even though it's present on the Mac app?

In addition to that, some icons fail to display and show a notes icon instead then after ~30 secs end up displaying the correct icon

Lastly, on the desktop app how come an icon automatically displays on the left pane but it still shows the stock icon in the right pane?

Edit: Think I answered my own question re the web version, opened developer tools and see that the web version tries to correlate the website field e.g. citrix.com with a rich icon e.g. citrix.com.png, so it's full of 404's like:
https://cache.agilebits.com/richicons/images/login/120/citrix.com.png Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)

It still doesn't explain why the desktop app can find a rich icon using https://citrix.com/ in the website field but the web version can't.

1Password Version: 6.5.2 (652003)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• defiant
    defiant
    Community Member
    edited December 2016

And just to add insult to injury, after I rebooted my Mac the desktop app doesn't show those rich icons anymore either

:'(

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@defiant: Wow. That's pretty weird alright. Do you perhaps have "security" software or extensions that may be interfering with the connection?There was some CDN maintenance earlier tonight though, so I wonder if that's what it was and it's working for you now. I just opened 1Password.com and it downloaded a bunch of icons before my very eyes. Citrix, however, does not seem to use that URL as their login page, and doesn't seem to have an icon associated with their login portal. And the Secure Notes icon for your Login...I've never seen anything like that. If you edit it and delete the icon, does that help?

Finally, I'm sorry to ask, but do you currently have Rich Icons enabled in 1Password for Mac (Preferences > General)? If so, I wonder if the cache was deleted by something for some reason. Try disabling it and then re-enable it again. That should force it to fetch them again. If you're still having trouble, the best thing to do will be to restart your Mac, try toggling Rich Icons again, and then generate a diagnostic report so we can look at the logs to determine exactly what is happening:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Please send it to support+forums@agilebits.com with a link to this discussion and your username in the email so we can 'connect the dots'.

Also, knowing your timezone and the date/time of the incident will help us find it in the logs. We will get to the bottom of this! :)

• defiant
    defiant
    Community Member

Hi @brenty

I only have uBlock Origin, but I disabled it on my .1password.com even though it wasn't blocking anything. I have no a/v nor anything like little snitch running either. Things served from cache.agilebits.com do seem to be going a bit slow, content is being served via Sydney, Australia. I'm in Wellington, New Zealand but latency is 40ms so shouldn't be a problem.

I've tried turning rich icons off and on again, the icons which you guys have copies of show (e.g. amazon) but icons that I somehow had (e.g. citrix and cloudflare) don't anymore. Also restarting didn't do anything.

I'm wondering if the icons were leftovers from a previous install on my Mac from a year ago, and somehow the cache cleared when quitting 1password and 1password mini. On my Windows PC I found an old Agilebits directory in %AppData%\Roaming\Agilebits which had a whole bunch icons including the Citrix and Cloudflare one, when it had 1Password 4 installed.

Anyway I'll send the diagnostics through.

Regarding the website, it seems to inherit the last icon from a login I was previously on - this time I was on a dell logon before clicking on Google which still hadn't loaded its on icon.

I'm in New Zealand, so timezone is NZST and I noticed things between 8:30 PM and 9:45 PM

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2016

I'm wondering if the icons were leftovers from a previous install on my Mac from a year ago, and somehow the cache cleared when quitting 1password and 1password mini.

@defiant: Thanks for getting back to me! That's certainly possible. It just seems odd to me that the cache would clear only years later.

On my Windows PC I found an old Agilebits directory in %AppData%\Roaming\Agilebits which had a whole bunch icons including the Citrix and Cloudflare one, when it had 1Password 4 installed.

Oh man is that ever ironic... :angry:

The new 1Password 6 Windows desktop app does not currently support Rich Icons while we address some performance issues they were causing. :(

Anyway, I see that we've received your email, so we can continue the conversation there. We'll take a look at the diagnostics and get back to you shortly!

ref: JXS-41622-518

• defiant
    defiant
    Community Member

Yeah, the app was long uninstalled but I wonder if there was still stuff lingering in ~/Library/Application Support/1Password 4. I think that was the first time I'd quit fully out of 1Password 6 since installing it.

I knew that about 1PW 6 for Windows which is why I wondered if it was somehow related to old installs

All round weird though!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2016

@defiant: Here's another wrinkle: 1Password for Mac version 6 uses the 1Password 4 support folder, so that would be your current data. This is a long shot, but did you maybe delete it while doing some cleanup, thinking it was old, and that precipitated this weirdness? ;)

• defiant
    defiant
    Community Member

Nah, didn't delete it as I'm aware 1Password 6 still uses that folder :)

• defiant
    defiant
    Community Member

My confusion came about thinking that the likes of citrix.com logins etc were "rich" icons, as I didn't set those myself, so that explains why the web version didn't have them.

Anyway, I decided to go through all my logins and apply custom icons to those that don't have rich icons provided by your image server :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Ah, cool. And besides Rich Icons and custom icons, don't forget favicons and Apple Touch icons. How's that for confusing? Anyway, I admire your dedication! :lol:

• defiant
    defiant
    Community Member
    edited December 2016

Yep, I was bored ^_^

By custom icons I meant using images/logos relevant to the login :) I found twitter or facebook profile photos make the best images to use as icons

e.g:

• That looks great! We'll be getting back to your email soon. I've asked one of our more advanced support folks to take a look so we can find out what's going on there.

This discussion has been closed.