Apple Watch app not showing data

cchimi
cchimi
Community Member

With this latest update, I can no longer see any of my data using the Apple Watch app. All I can get it to do is say: "Add items from 1Password on your phone. Requires Apple Watch device PIN."

I've tried deleting and reinstalling the Watch app, with no luck.

Any idea of why this might be happening?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• leongilner
    leongilner
    Community Member

Same here

• Rockake
    Rockake
    Community Member

Same here

• Rockake
    Rockake
    Community Member
    edited December 2016

After the latest update does not Apple Watch app work, have tried and restart both the clock and the phone?

• lfc
    lfc
    Community Member

Same here

• 333ira
    333ira
    Community Member

Same here

• 333ira
    333ira
    Community Member

I have the exact same problem. Uninstalled, Reinstalled, tried everything. Seems to be a Bug in the up-date.

• alvaro87
    alvaro87
    Community Member

Same here.

• vickurc
    vickurc
    Community Member

Ditto

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2016

@vickurc, @alvaro87, @333ira, @lfc, @Rockake, @leongilner, @cchimi: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! Are you folks maybe not using a device passcode on your Apple Watches? As mentioned in the update, the new 1Password app requires this since that's needed to secure your data there in the Keychain:

• The 1Password Apple Watch app no longer has its own PIN code. {OPI-3813}
    • The Apple Watch app now requires an Apple Watch PIN code to be set. {OPI-3760}

If you set a passcode (Apple Watch app > Passcode) on your Apple Watch, that should do the trick. 1Password for iOS just isn't going to send any data to your Apple Watch if it isn't protected. Optionally, you can enable "Unlock with iPhone" (also in Apple Watch app > Passcode), which I find I use the vast majority of the time as opposed to unlocking my Watch manually. Secure and convenient. Let me know if that helps. :)

• cchimi
    cchimi
    Community Member

Actually, that was one of the first things I tried, and it didn't help. But just a while ago, in the iPhone app, I chose an item, noticed the Apple Watch tag, and deleted it. Immediately after doing that, I noticed that all of my data was appearing on the watch app. The watch passcode was in place at the time, so I'm not sure why it suddenly worked, but it seems to work now.

Thanks for your reply.

• vickurc
    vickurc
    Community Member
    edited December 2016

None of the above tricks helped. My watch has always had a passcode set. Using the unlock with iphone did not help. The app is frozen on my watch with the useless reminder to have a device PIN. 1Password is bricked on my watch (model 2)

• 333ira
    333ira
    Community Member

I'm in the same situation like vickurc. Working on it all day. Please help

• leongilner
    leongilner
    Community Member

That worked for me. I also had to turn off and then enable Apple Watch in 1 Paasword. Thanks.

• 333ira
    333ira
    Community Member

(Modul 2)

• carmels
    carmels
    Community Member

Same as Vickurc. Tried hard with no success.

• tim_trim
    tim_trim
    Community Member

I set a passcode on the watch it made no difference.
    I do not lock my watch or want a passcode on it - that is my choice. So now I can't use 1password on my watch. Hey ho

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@tim_trim: That is correct: 1Password is a security app, and if we cannot secure your data beforehand (which is the function the passcode serves), we're not going to send it there. There are plenty of other apps for that: notes, reminders, etc. I'm sorry that's probably not the answer you were hoping for.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Thanks or getting back to me, everyone! It sounds like there are still some issues, but we'll get this sorted out for you. :)

@cchimi, @leongilner: Aha! Thank you for letting me know! That's a good clue. I wonder if the app isn't being sent anything until something is added.

@carmels, @vickurc, @333ira: Please try the following and let me know if you see any change:

1. View a new item and select Add to Apple Watch
    2. Disable 1Password Settings > Apple Watch and the re-enable it
    3. Reinstall 1Password from the Apple Watch app on your iPhone (wait for it to uninstall completely before installing again — it may be that it did not install completely)

Please let me know how it turns out. I look forward to hearing back from you!

• vickurc
    vickurc
    Community Member
    edited December 2016

No difference in the response

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@vickurc: Thanks for letting me know. At this point, the best thing to do will be to restart your devices, reproduce the same issue, and then generate a diagnostic report so we can look at the logs to determine exactly what is happening:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (iOS)*

*In 1Password Settings > Advanced > Diagnostics > Log Settings, enable App, Crypto, Database, Keychain, and Watch App.

Please send it to support+ios@agilebits.com with a link to this discussion and your username in the email so we can 'connect the dots'. Post the Support ID you receive here and we'll take a look at it as soon as possible. Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• vickurc
    vickurc
    Community Member

Diagnostics sent - where should I find the Support ID? I sent it to the address provided by the app.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@vickurc: Great! The Support ID is given to you by the BitBot autoresponder. If you're not seeing it, check your spam folder. I'm not seeing anything from this address in the inbox.

@Rockake, @333ira: I've merged your posts from another thread here to avoid any confusion while we focus on this issue. Let me know what you find!

• vickurc
    vickurc
    Community Member

support ID is #VFA-25123-752

• tim_trim
    tim_trim
    Community Member

What frustrates is that it used to work

Second it is my data. It can't get to the watch unless I have validated in the app on the phone. It would be good to have the option to use without having to set codes. I choose what goes on there but you have made the decision that I can't do that. I don't want codes on my watch

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@tim_trim: I get it, but presumably you're using 1Password because you want to secure your data. This isn't possible without the device passcode, as that's used to encrypt data in the Keychain for transmission and storage on the watch. Again, we're not willing to offer a security app that offers no real security. If you want to store data insecurely on your Apple Watch, you can use another app to do so.

And apart from 1Password, not having a passcode on your watch at all is disastrous if it is lost or stolen. So, fundamentally, this is also about protecting your investment. Have you tried the "Unlock with iPhone" feature I suggested? Most days I don't even enter my passcode once; I just use Touch ID on my iPhone and the watch is unlocked unless I remove it. Just a thought.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@vickurc: Got it! We'll take a look at the diagnostics and get back to you shortly! :)

ref: VFA-25123-752

• 333ira
    333ira
    Community Member

Dear Brenty
    I was so satisfied before the update. Changed from mSecure to 1Password ( G-D Thanks), originally, because of the beautiful GUI, on the Apple Watch. Used it daily on my watch.
    I'm sure you're update is amazing.
    But this diagnosis stuff is over my head.
    Isn't it possible to give us an option to downgrade to the previous version, till you have a Chance (Probably after Christmas) , to find the problem with the Apple watch modul 2 (Nike version, maybe that's the problem) and your upgraded version of 1Problem.
    Thank you for all your help till now.
    Ira Rosenzweig

• 333ira
    333ira
    Community Member

I meant 1Password.
    I'm sorry.
    WoW, talking about a Freuden slip.....

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2016

@333ira: lol fair enough. Hopefully that's the only problem you have today! Unfortunately it isn't possible to get previous versions of apps out of the App Store, but we're on the case. I can't say for certain at this stage, but I suspect we'll be able to find a workaround and not have to push an update for this. We had a long beta period and didn't run into anything like this, and one of the things we were most focused on was making sure that it "just works out of the box" after updating. Based on the relatively few reports of issues we've had here, it's likely a specific configuration we weren't able to test for. We'll do our best to get this resolved for you and everyone else as soon as possible either way. Thanks for your patience and understanding. :blush:

• carmels
    carmels
    Community Member

Hi.
    I tried again as you requested but No difference and No response.
    Thanks

This discussion has been closed.