12/14 update problem

dday
dday
Community Member

After this update, the login script for my primary bank account no longer works. 1Pass has worked flawlessly for several years with this same account. Credentials work fine when entered manually. Bank says they have made NO changes, other bank scripts tested are OK. Last successful script login to this account was 24hours ago....any ideas?

1Password Version: 6.5
Extension Version: N/A
OS Version: iOS 10.2
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Hi @dday,

Thanks for taking the time to write in. I'm sorry to hear about the trouble filling your login for your bank. Have you tried saving a new login? If not I'd recommend giving that a try.

Use the 1Password extension to fill in Safari and apps on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Better yet if you have access to 1Password on a Mac I'd recommend doing this there:

How to save a Login manually in your browser

If you're still having trouble please let us know the URL to the login page in question so that we can test it.

Thanks!

Ben

• dday
    dday
    Community Member

Ben- thanks for your prompt reply.
    I have deleted and re-entered the login info and got this message:

I do not have access to 1Pass on a Mac - only iOS devices...i hope this info may help.

David

• Thanks David. I tested this website using this URL:

https://digitalbanking.firstcitizens.com/FCBTCOnline/uux.aspx#/login

That seemed to work better. Could you please try giving that a try?

Thanks.

Ben

• dday
    dday
    Community Member

I tried the URL and it got me to the site, but something is happening that causes my account to "lock" we when I try to log in. I need to contact the bank tomorrow and will come back here after I speak with them. Thanks for your follow up.

• tuni12
    tuni12
    Community Member

Since the update, I've had a similar issue with BOA on both MBPro and iPhone. Still working on it

• tuni12
    tuni12
    Community Member

whoops, seems to be ok now on both devices.....thx

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@tuni12: Glad to hear it! But if you do run into further issues, be sure to start a new discussion so we can troubleshoot it with you. :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@dday: Please let us know what happens. I do think, however, that it may be best to save a new login, in case you saved something incorrect in the one you've been using by mistake (URL argument, extra information, etc.) Just follow these steps:

1. Navigate to the website's login page
    2. Enter your login credentials manually
    3. Tap the 'key' icon (or the Share button, to use the extension in Safari) to bring up the login menu
    4. Tap + New Login
    5. Tap Save
    6. Close the webpage and tap the URL in your new login item to have 1Password fill it
    7. Tap the "Sign in"/"Log in" button to submit the form

Please let me know how it turns out. I look forward to hearing back from you. :)

• dday
    dday
    Community Member

Hello brenty- I rebuilt a new login yesterday. Today I was able to login to the account manually, and set up a new password. When I put the new pw in 1Pass and tried the URL I have used for many years, nothing would transfer when I tap the key icon - didn't even get a message, nothing happened. When I tried using the new URL (suggested by Ben) the account locks and I am required to use a temp pw and then set up a new one, every time.

Frustrating to have something not work that has been bullet-proof for many years...PLEASE HELP

• dday
    dday
    Community Member

Also, I attempted to follow the steps you suggested to rebuild the login script AGAIN, and it did not work - the credentials I entered manually were not transferred to the "+new login" sheet, so "Save" would not work.. I am running on iOS 10.2

• When I tried using the new URL (suggested by Ben) the account locks and I am required to use a temp pw and then set up a new one, every time.

Does this happen even if you login at this URL manually?

Ben

• dday
    dday
    Community Member

Ben - when I use Safari and entered my credentials at the URL you suggested, it works fine. Also, when I go to the original URL, the same. ????

THANKS for your continued support...

• Please try using the URL I mentioned with the 1Password extension in Safari:

Use the 1Password extension to fill in Safari and apps on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Please let me know how that turns out.

Ben

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@dday: And to be clear, the saved login you were using previously for years probably worked for so long because the website hadn't changed substantially during that time. That makes it easy for 1Password to match what you originally saved to fill the form correctly each time. It's only when something changes that saving a new login is important, since it gives 1Password a better idea of how to fill the page as it currently exists. Be sure to let us know what you find!

• dday
    dday
    Community Member

Thank you Ben and Brenty for working with me on this. This morning, using the revised URL I am able to login with 1Pass as I have in the past. Huzzah!

FYI - The login/landing page looks different now but it WORKS. I think much of my consternation was due to 1) the bank security SW didn't like my trial and error efforts, 2) the new login path somehow meant my device was no longer recognized and SW kicked me out until I re-registered, and 3) the auto-fill suggested in the extensions "how to" article never did work - after manually setting it up went fine.

As is often the case, I don't understand what happened but am ready to move on.. Thanks again.

David

• Thanks for the update David! Glad to hear you were able to get up and running again. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.