Firefox 50.0: Add-on auth code is always 123456

Options
UweUwe
UweUwe
Community Member

The code shown by the addon never matches the one given by 1password app.
I tried uninstalling add on, restarting Firefox but did not succeed!

Thank you for your help!
Uwe

1Password Version: 6.5.2
Extension Version: 4.6.2
OS Version: 10.12.1
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@UweUwe: That's the default "test" code, so this means that something else is inserting itself between 1Password and your browser. Do you have "security" software or other extensions that may be interfering? Proxy and firewall settings can too, since they may be blocking or redirecting 1Password's communications. Please let me know what you find. I look forward to hearing back from you!

• UweUwe
    UweUwe
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty : no new ones, would it be helpfull for you to get a list of my installed add-ons? I never changed firewall setting myself - 1pw mini.app is in the list of those with allowed incomming connections. Deactivating firewall did not solve the problem.
    Where can I find the proxy settings?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@UweUwe: It could certainly be an add-on or extension. It may be simplest to disable them temporarily to see if that helps. Proxy settings could be set in System Preferences > Network, or by your administrator. But given that the incorrect code is being displayed in Firefox (and not 1Password), it could be that Firefox (or your profile) is damaged as well. Creating a new profile may help, but really eliminating extension interference is the best place to start.

• UweUwe
    UweUwe
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty: Uhh! I solved it by reinstalling Firefox - after all other stuff did not succeed!
    There was an Update to FF 50.0.2 announced and I took a look at the "About Firefox" and was wondering that there was anything else than the installed version number shown. So I decided to download firefox again instaead of using the automatic update function... After that FF and 1pw worked together again...
    Thank you for your suggestions!

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you for following up to let us know how you solved that! I'm glad to hear it's working correctly after installing a fresh copy of Firefox. I'll make a note of that in case we hear about the same problem from others.

I hope it all continues to work well for you from now on, but if you need more help with 1Password, we're here for you! :)

• Apollonia
    Apollonia
    Community Member
    Options

I just had the same problem (although my copy of Firefox was even older - 39). As suggested, updating to the latest release fixed the problem. Thanks to UweUwe for the pointer.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Excellent! Thanks for the update. I'm glad to hear that helped. It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if you need anything. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.