Add to Apple Watch not for all items

Options
amir777
amir777
Community Member

Hi,

How come certain categories such Identities and many more do not have the option?

Thanks,
Amir

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@amir777: Much the same way we have to pick and choose which fields to display because the screen is so small, instead of adding everything to Apple Watch we tried to choose item types that made sense, which would be most useful there. I can't personally think of a use for Identities on my watch (since I can't fill them, and it would involve a lot of scrolling), but we can certainly consider adding more if folks would find them useful. For now, Secure Notes are an easy way to have anything you want available on your watch, but what would you like us to add in the future, and why? :)

• amir777
    amir777
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Brenty,

Thank you for detailed response.

To Include all the categories and fields is a functional matter that gives the user the comfort of knowing s/he has access to all her/his data on her/his wrist. The users do not use the cats the same way and certainly do not fill out all the fields, therefore, the way a cat appears to someone (ie lengthy and detailed) is not the same for others. For instance, I would use Identities for my national ID card and passport purposes and there would be a few fields for each item, therefore, it does not qualify as a lengthy item. In this part of the world that I live in, I have to enter those data each time I go to the bank or similar occassions, therefore it would be very nice to glance at your wrist to enter the data in forms and etc.

To sum it up, for reasons described in above, the user should have the option of making the judgement call what cats and fields to have on Apple Watch, and not the app to decide for them.

The option of using notes you had mentioned would throw off all the structure and organization put into the data and will create a mess over time.

Regards,
    Amir

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

For instance, I would use Identities for my national ID card and passport purposes and there would be a few fields for each item, therefore, it does not qualify as a lengthy item. In this part of the world that I live in, I have to enter those data each time I go to the bank or similar occassions, therefore it would be very nice to glance at your wrist to enter the data in forms and etc.

@amir777: Thank you for explaining that! It isn't something I've encountered myself, as I live in a relatively old-fashioned society where I have to present the actual documents still. I'm sure we'll add support for more in the new Apple Watch app over time, and it's helpful to know how you'd like to use it in the future. :)

This discussion has been closed.