I am using 3.8.21. Get error message trying to download 3.8.22 "unable to extract archive"

Options

I am using 3.8.21. Get error message trying to download 3.8.22 "unable to extract archive"

1Password Version: 3.8.21
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.11.6
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I am using 3.8.21. Get error message trying to download 3.8.22 "unable to extract archive"

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @cjgrethe,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble downloading the 3.8.22 update! Since you're using 1Password 3, I've moved your message to our "1Password 3 for Mac" forum. I hope you don't mind!

If you're getting that error when using the update option within the 1Password 3 app, you should try downloading a fresh copy of 3.8.22 from the "Legacy" section at the bottom of our download site. Once you've downloaded it, unzip the file and move the 1Password app to Applications (replace the older version there).

However, even if that works, I notice you're using OS X 10.11 (El Capitan), which means you're likely to run into some problems with version 3. 1Password 3 for Mac is a much older version which hasn't been in development for several years now, and unfortunately it isn't fully compatible with newer versions of the Mac operating system. We have more information about that in this forum announcement: 1Password 3: Modern browsers and OS X

The latest version of 1Password for Mac is version 6, which fully supports newer versions of OS X / macOS. Please take a look at this support article for more information about upgrading: How to upgrade from 1Password 3 on your Mac

Hopefully this helps, but please let us know if you have any trouble with that, or if you have any questions. Thanks! :)

This discussion has been closed.