password lock and information retrieval

rosie_potaznik
rosie_potaznik
Community Member
edited December 2016 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

I currently have a padlock on my notes screen. I am unable to put my password into the notes to retrieve my personal information. It accepts the code but will not retrieve the info required. The notes that do not require a PASSWORD have the retained information.This matter is extremely urgent as I cannot retrieve banking or other highly personal information.
please contact me on:

[email and phone# removed by AgileBits for privacy on our public forum]

1Password Version: 3.7.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: IOS 10.2
Sync Type: ICLOUD

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@rosie_potaznik: I'm not sure what "notes screen" you're referring to. Could you please clarify what you're seeing? If it's simpler, take a screenshot of this. To include it in your reply, simply click the document button in the top of the comment field, and select the file you wish to share:

It I wonder if you're referring to Apple's iOS Notes app, or you've set some items in the old version of 1Password to require the Master Password you chose. We don't have this an cannot reset it for you, so you will not be able to access the data without it.

If you do know your Master Password though, it may be best to upgrade to the current version of 1Password. 1Password 3 supports iOS 5, and you're using iOS 10. You can migrate your data to the new version and it will work much better on modern iOS devices:

How to upgrade from 1Password 3 on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Let me know what you find. I look forward to hearing back from you!

This discussion has been closed.