Why do I get so many Vaults?

Options
Sqip
Sqip
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Hi

I have tried to use 1PW 6 beta on Windows previously but stopped for this reason. I told myself it was maybe a bug, so I waited for a new version. Now I'm on 6.1.308D, and the behavior is still there.

I've got 1PW for Mac, iOS, and version4 for Windows. The problem I have is nothing I have ever seen there.

But in the Beta 6 for Windows I get the following (see image):
My 1PW is stockpiled with Vaults that I've never willingly created.
So the full list looks like this:

• When I show "All Vaults" I get way too many entries, most of which are copies
  • Most of the Vaults are empty
  • Some are wrong, they have the wrong number of entries in them
  • A few of the Vaults seem to contain the same info, and the correct number of entries (see image from my iPhone)

But I'm too much of stupid user to understand which one I'm supposed to use and why I get all these Vaults.
I do repeat: I've never created more than one Vault myself that I'm aware of. All my Vaults have always been synced over Dropbox and I use 1PW daily on several devices without a hitch.

1Password Version: 6.1.308D
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 Pro
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Hi @Sqip,

Thanks for writing in.

Do you recall when you added the Dropbox vault for the first time, you've tried to open it a few more times because it didn't do anything? There was an old beta bug where doing this will create duplicates of the same vault. We've fixed this later by disabling the button once you add the vault but you have to remove all the duplicates manually.

1Password 6 doesn't support automatic sync yet for local vaults (local vaults aren't supported in 1Password 6), so it is expected some of the duplicates may not appear to be identical if you've never manually synced them again.

If you'd like to just recreate the database and pull in a fresh copy, here's how:

1. Close 1Password if it is running by right-clicking on the 1Password icon in the notification area to select Exit
    2. Open Windows File Explorer and enter the following in the address bar: %LOCALAPPDATA%\1Password
    3. Rename data folder to backup-data
    4. Open 1Password and sign into Dropbox to get that vault.

However, if you have no plans to use 1Password.com, I'd suggest sticking with 1Password 4 for now. 1Password 6 is not an upgrade to 1Password 4 nor is it meant for local vaults at the moment.

• lightvet92
    lightvet92
    Community Member
    Options

The duplication (at least from Dropbox) is still occurring.

• Hi @lightvet92,

Thanks for writing in. Do you recall clicking again to add the dropbox vault a few times because 1Password didn't react the first time?

Can you email us your 1Password diagnostics report? Please use this guide to generate the 1Password diagnostic report and email it to us at support+windows@agilebits.com. Also, in the email, include the link to this thread along with your forum username, so that we can connect the email to this thread.

Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can confirm we got the email.

This discussion has been closed.