Feedback on 6.2.333d

Options
zendnez
zendnez
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Hi, folks.

Just a quick bit of feedback on 6.2.333d.

• The highlight treatment on the selected field looks really nice vs. the drop shadow in the previous release.
  • Default labels on custom fields are great - this definitely makes custom fields less confusing and more discoverable
  • The delete field widget (red circle with a minus sign) is aligned weird. It's so far to the left that it looks like it applies to the item list instead of the field list. When I saw it the first time, I assumed that it was a bug. I've attached a screenshot - and just to be clear, what i mean is that it looks like clicking it would delete the Login item vs. the website field

I'm so, so close to ditching 1Password 4 and moving to the cloud. If I were to use 1Password 6 to copy items from a local vault (cloud synced) into a 1Password cloud vault, what gets lost in translation? Looks like attachments don't go. Anything else? Similarly, if I were to do these copies on a Mac and then attempt to use the 1Password cloud vault on a PC, would I be missing anything at this point?

Thanks!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@zendnez: Thanks for the kind words and constructive criticism! I know @Doodler_Benji will be appreciative of the UI feedback as well.

The biggest outstanding issue as far as migration will be the attachments, as you mentioned. If you're also using 1Password for Mac, it would be easiest to use that to migrate to a 1Password Account now, since it will include those.

As far as what else is missing, while we certainly have a lot of work to do still, for the most part the new 1Password 6 Windows desktop app has everything needed for day to day use. Where it is mainly lacking is more of the advanced saving/editing/organization features and of course UI enhancements. And the latest betas with the new item editor has made a big difference. We're looking forward to getting that out to everyone. Probably the easiest way to get a sense for it would be to just use the free trial and keep your current local vault on hand in case you find that there are features you're still missing. I'd be interested to hear what you think!

• zendnez
    zendnez
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @brenty

I'm running out of excuses to not move to the cloud. I'll give it a shot soon :)

• That's good to know considering we have a long list of improvements coming soon. :smile:

This discussion has been closed.