Moving my vault location in 1Password6

Options
tuna_hp
tuna_hp
Community Member

I recently noticed that my iOS 1Password and my desktop 1Password are out of sync. Some old passwords that I have since updated on my desktop are not coming through on my iPhone. I have determined that both my desktop 1Password and iOS 1Password versions are syncing to the same vault, however the problem is that I am no longer using the same dropbox account on my desktop computer and the "fake dropbox" folder that my desktop computer is syncing its vault to no longer updates with dropbox, and therefore no longer updates on my iPhone.

It was easy enough to copy and paste my vault from the old, out-of-use Dropbox directory on my desktop into a new directory in my active Dropbox. But now how to I change 1Password's settings to look for the vault in a new directory? I don't know whether this version of 1Password was directly from the Mac App Store or if its direct from AgileBits, from my research it appears that may be a factor in determining the solution so I will need to be pointed to instructions on how to determine that.

1Password Version: 6.5.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.12.1
Sync Type: 1Password/Dropbox

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@tuna_hp: It shouldn't make any difference. After all, Dropbox is doing the syncing, not 1Password. And from your description that seems to be where the trouble lies. Certainly if the files and folders on a computer are no longer associated with the Dropbox account you've been syncing with things will, well...get out of sync.

In this situation, the best thing to do would be to disable sync on all devices and set it up again with a single vault which all of them can access. Do you have all of your 1Password data on one of these devices already, so we can get the data there sync'd to all the others? Let me know what devices you're using and we'll go from there.

This discussion has been closed.