Copying items between vaults?

beirne
beirne
Community Member

I got an update to 1Password this morning and one of the new features listed was "Copy items between vaults using the new copy button in the item detail view. {OPA-754}". I looked in the app on my tablet, though, and do not see a way to open more than one vault, and I don't see anything on this in the documentation. I see the copy button and can copy with it, but can't get to another vault to paste.

1Password Version: 6.5. BETA-6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 6.0.1
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Hi @beirne. In order to copy items between vaults, you'll need to have a 1Password account. Currently multiple vaults are only supported on Android with 1Password accounts, so it's not possible to sync a secondary local vault. It looks like you're syncing a local vault through Dropbox, which is why you're not seeing the option to sync others.

However, if you have a 1Password account, just create a new vault and you should be able to copy items between them.

Let me know if you have more questions!

• beirne
    beirne
    Community Member

OK, thanks for the explanation. I'm not interested in buying a subscription or having my passwords available on the web, so I will do without.

• No problem! We're hoping to support multiple local vaults in the future, and I'll go ahead and add your vote. Let me know if you need anything else!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@stefanodottori: I've already replied to your similar inquiry in another discussion, so please let me know if you have any other questions.

• stefanodottori
    stefanodottori
    Community Member

@brenty

Ok, i would really appreciate if you delete my comment on this topic

Thanks

Stefano

• I've gone ahead and deleted it. :)

• joethewrangler
    joethewrangler
    Community Member

I'm stumped. How do I move an item from one vault to another on my MacBook Air? On my iPad/iPhone?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@joethewrangler: You can do this in the item's details in the app:

Move items between vaults

I hope this helps. Be sure to let us know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.