Duplicate entries in iOS from vault, just set-up new 1password.com account

Options
jacksparrow
jacksparrow
Community Member

Hello,

I have been using 1password for a very long time just on my iPhone, I just signed up for a paid 1password account.
Went through the setup and all my logins and passwords moved over to my 1password.com account.

But when I go to my iOS 1password app, I see that every website is duplicated. This is because they appear in two vaults.

A "primary" vault that was the initial vault created on iOS, and the new "my name" vault that was created when signing up for 1password.com

If I go to "primary" vault to try to delete it, I get this message: "you have several vaults outside of your 1Password accounts. They must be deleted before you can delete the primary vault"

so the "delete vault" button is grayed out.

1password.com does not show duplicate entries as the "primary" vault does not appear online, neither does it appear in the 1Password 6 Mac app.

1Password Version: 6.5.2
Extension Version: 4.6.2.90
OS Version: 10.12.2
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @jacksparrow,

Thanks for taking the time to write in. If you have no data that you'd like to keep that lives outside of 1Password.com vaults you can uninstall & reinstall 1Password for iOS and sign back into your account. This will erase all of 1Password for iOS's data and start you fresh with just the data from your 1Password.com vaults.

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• jacksparrow
    jacksparrow
    Community Member
    Options

It's been syncing with iCloud, how do I ensure that wherever that data was going too gets deleted if I delete the app.
    I signed into iCloud but do not see a section for any synced app data.

I did do a search for any related 1password files on my mac, and I found some file called: 1Password 5.4.3.ipa - last opened July 2, 2015
    Not sure if that was an old local backup??

If that is the sync between iCloud not sure why it says July 2015, as I have created new logins/passwords in the iOS app since then.

• Ben
    Options

It's been syncing with iCloud, how do I ensure that wherever that data was going too gets deleted if I delete the app.

I signed into iCloud but do not see a section for any synced app data.

This can be done either from a Mac or an iOS device. It does not need to be done from multiple devices. Once you've disabled iCloud sync for your Primary vault in 1Password:

• Mac: In 1Password, choose Help > Troubleshooting > Reset iCloud Data.
    • iOS: Open and unlock 1Password, then tap Settings > Advanced. Scroll down and tap Erase iCloud Data.

I did do a search for any related 1password files on my mac, and I found some file called: 1Password 5.4.3.ipa - last opened July 2, 2015
    Not sure if that was an old local backup??

This is a backup of the iOS app within iTunes, not your 1Password data.

If that is the sync between iCloud not sure why it says July 2015, as I have created new logins/passwords in the iOS app since then.

Totally unrelated. :)

Ben

• jacksparrow
    jacksparrow
    Community Member
    Options

Yep that all worked.
    It's all straightened out now.

Thanks for your help!

Not sure what took me so long to get a paid account, so worth it!

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the kind words, and the feedback! :) Glad to hear you're on the right path now.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.