1Password Icon in Address Bar Does Not Open

Options
daylee05
daylee05
Community Member

I am using 1password on a mac version 10.11.6. I have been using it for several years. Yesterday I clicked on the icon in the address bar (safari) to retrieve a password and it worked fine. 5 minutes later I went to retrieve a new password and it didn't work. Now when I click on the icon in the address bar, it does not open 1password. I have to go to launchpad to open 1Password but from here it does not fill in the user id and password for any of the websites. 1password is current with all the updates that have been sent.

1Password Version: 6.5.2
Extension Version: 4.6.1
OS Version: 10.11.6
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Hi @daylee05 ,

It sounds like something is interfering with the communications between the 1Password extension in your browser, and the 1Password application. I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox.

Also, please include the date and time you attempted to click on the icon and it did not work.

After sending, you should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly.

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Cheers,
    Kevin

• daylee05
    daylee05
    Community Member
    Options

I received your email regarding this issue. I did what ever you told me and it is not working. I've also replyed through email.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

To avoid further confusion, we'll continue the conversation via email. I'll reply there shortly.

ref: IMW-21137-275

This discussion has been closed.