Get passwords from macbook pro to iPhone using 1passwords for 3-4 years

Options
daylee05
daylee05
Community Member

Had to buy new phone and I had to setup as a new phone and cannot use iCloud to load my info onto phone. On iphone7, i installed the app and put in my 1password. Once inside the app,
1. I selected settings vaults, primary sync service, sync with wlan. It is asking me for a secret. What is this? no secret is showing on my mac or on iPhone.
2. Since this didn't work, selected iCloud. Nothing came over.

I have been trying to get this resolved for over a week. I find it very frustrating since I have been using this app and depend on it that this issue is still not resolved. I have even sent this issue through an email. I don't understand why a support phone number cannot be given and an appointment setup.

1Password Version: 6.5.2
Extension Version: 4.6.2
OS Version: 10.11.6
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:had to restore phone. can't get passwords from mac to phone

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2016
    Options

I selected settings vaults, primary sync service, sync with wlan. It is asking me for a secret. What is this? no secret is showing on my mac or on iPhone.

@daylee05: If you open 1Password for Mac, you can find the WLAN Server settings, and the secret, in Preferences > WLAN Server.

Since this didn't work, selected iCloud. Nothing came over.

If you're using all Apple devices, iCloud is a great option though, and much easier than WLAN Server. But in order to retrieve 1Password data from iCloud, you'll need to have sync'd it with iCloud on another device first. Just follow the steps in this guide:

How to sync 1Password with iCloud

I have been trying to get this resolved for over a week. I find it very frustrating since I have been using this app and depend on it that this issue is still not resolved. I have even sent this issue through an email. I don't understand why a support phone number cannot be given and an appointment setup.

I'm sorry for the trouble, but I'm glad you finally decided to reach out so we can help you get this sorted. We're a small company so we can't have a call center with "operators standing by" at all hours of the day and night, but we're here for you. Let me know if you have any questions! :)

• daylee05
    daylee05
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for getting back to me. iCloud did not work. Wlan did. Hooray!!!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Excellent! Thanks for the update. You are most welcome! I'm glad to hear that you were able to sync your data. It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. We're always here to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.