I have an older version of 1password on my iPhone that requires a 4 digit unlock code

Options
hat1116
hat1116
Community Member

I have an older version of 1password on my iPhone and it has always opened with a 4 digit code. The problem is, the second password called the "master password required" is no longer being accepted. It was working earlier today and I do not know what has happened. I am not sure of a license because it has been too long.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I have an older version of 1password on my iPhone that requires a 4 digit unlock code

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @hat1116,

Thanks for taking the time to write in.

Have you made a backup of your 1Password data, or synced it anywhere?

Which version of 1Password do you have on your iPhone?

Ben

• angela_bauer
    angela_bauer
    Community Member
    Options

I am having this same problem. I have choice A installed on my iPhone. 1Password 3.7.2. I have IOS 10.2 installed. All of a sudden, about a week ago, the Master Password stopped working. I can get to all my data protected only by the 4 digit pin. But when I try to get to the more sensitive data protected by the Master Password, the app hangs for a second and then closes completely.

• Ben
    Options

Hi @angela_bauer,

As the above image points out 1Password 3 was retired in 2012. It is not compatible with iOS 10. You'll need to upgrade to 1Password 6 for iOS to continue using 1Password on iOS 10. Instructions can be found here:

How to upgrade from 1Password 3 on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Thanks!

Ben

• angela_bauer
    angela_bauer
    Community Member
    Options

Ben,
    When I try to follow those instructions, I don't get the option to "Use without an account". I get:

New to 1Password? Enter your email...

Have you used 1Password before?
    1Password.com
    iCloud
    Dropbox
    WLAN Server

Create a standalone vault...

Which to I chose to be able to import the database from version 3?

• Ben
    Ben
    edited December 2016
    Options

Hi @angela_bauer

Sorry about that. It appears the documentation hasn't been updated with the latest changes that were included in v6.5. Please try these instructions instead:

## How to upgrade from 1Password 3 on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

I'll speak with our docs team about getting the other instructions updated.

Updated instructions can be found here:

Thanks.

Ben

• hat1116
    hat1116
    Community Member
    Options

I believe I have the 3.7.2 version. I can unlock the app with the 4-digit unlock code but when applying the master password, the app freezes and closes out. It worked perfectly a week ago.

• Ben
    Options

@hat1116

1Password 3.7.2 was retired in 2012. To continue using 1Password on newer versions of iOS you'll need to upgrade to 1Password 6. You can find instructions here:

Thanks!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.