Automatic fill reverting to old password

Options
herb_greenberg
herb_greenberg
Community Member

I've had issues with Yahoo and Microsoft's website on my Macbook Pro (2013) but not my iMac - on Safari and Chrome. And they're the only sites I'm having a problem with. They seem to open fine with auto fill, but then the password immediately jumps back to the old password and won't open. At that point I manually input the password and it works fine.

1Password Version: 6.5.3
Extension Version: trial mode
OS Version: OX X 10.12.2
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@herb_greenberg: When you say it "immediately jumps back to the old password", that sounds like you've got your browser filling it after 1Password does. Try disabling it and see if that helps avoid this conflict:

Turn off the built-in password manager in your browser

If you're still having trouble, be sure to let me know the exact browser and 1Password extension versions you're using, the URLs, and the steps you're taking.

• herb_greenberg
    herb_greenberg
    Community Member
    Options

Brilliant! That did it! And on Safari I simply removed Yahoo from the auto fill-in. Thanks again. I will be signing up!

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @herb_greenberg

On behalf of Brenty, you're very welcome! I'm glad that his suggestion did the trick. I hope that everything goes smoothly for you from now on, but if you need help with anything else we're always here for you :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.