Too many Password objects created

The current interface is wrong. I am not certain how to correct it, but everytime I generate a new password it seems like I get a new Password object in my vault, and that password then gets inserted into a Login object, so I have to manually move the Password object to the trash. Maybe auto-purge a Password if it is immediately re-used in a Login?

All I know is I recovered 111 internet logins, and have 132 items in the trash, which is at least 264 clicks I didn't want to have to make.

And yes, I get that if I had understood what those Password objects were I would only have 111 items in the trash, but that is still negative value in terms of clicks. Putting the same password into two different objects in the vault is not right.

1Password Version: 6.2.333d
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• MikeT
    edited December 2016

Hi @CloseAtHand,

Thanks for writing in.

This is intentional for the moment. Every time you copy a password, a Password item will be saved, so you can come back to this password in case 1Password doesn't prompt to auto-save a new Login item for you when you log in with the new password. Otherwise, you'd be locked out without any password.

In a future update to 1Password 6, we will have a tool to let you remove redundant Password items that matches the password to any existing Login item with the same combination of URL and password. In addition, it will remove the Password item as soon as 1Password auto-saves a new Login item with the same password + URL.

I don't have a timeframe on the update but it's on our list to improve.

This discussion has been closed.