Feature Request: Expiration Date Reminders

cil
cil
Community Member

I have 10 Passports, 6 driver's licenses, etc in my 1Password all with different expiration dates or even years of validity (some yearly, some every two years, some 5 years, and some 10 years). One feature I would really enjoy is an option to be reminded of an expiration date for a particular entry (let's say 1 year out, 6months out, 3 months out, and a warning that an item is now expired). Of course I could put this in a calendar but not only is there extra work in the double entry but also less security. This could remain in-app with a notification alerting the user to an internal memo. If this is already possible and I am not aware of this, then please forgive my ignorance.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@cil: I personally am not a fan of notifications, but I can see how that would be helpful. Perhaps this is something we can add in a future version. Thanks for the suggestion! :)

• fjacquet
    fjacquet
    Community Member

+1, I see it more like a dynamic filter customizable : if we have an expiration date in the database and expiration_date-today < warning, we display the item in the security audit. If not customizable 90, 30 and 7 days looks good values for passport or any other

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@fjacquet: Ah, interesting! It sounds like something that could maybe fit into 1Password's sorting/search features too. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.