What's the upgrade path from 1Password 4 for Windows?

On Windows 10, I'm currently running 1Password 4.6, which appears to be the latest version (according to the "Check for New Version" menu item). But it looks kind of clunky for a Windows app. I understand that there are beta versions of a Windows 10-friendly version of 1Password; one from the Windows App Store, one downloadable directly from the AgileBits site, but they don't yet support all the features of 1Password 4 (such as being able to edit entries and having web browser integration), right?

When will there be a new version of 1Password that supports all the features of 1Password 4? Or if there already is such a version, where do I get it?

1Password Version: 4.6.1.617
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 1607
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @bkendig,

Thanks for writing in.

At the moment, you are using the latest 1Password version for the local vaults, 1Password 4.

We are working on 1Password 6, which is our next generation Windows client built on all latest Microsoft technologies and it will run from Windows 7 to Windows 10 but this version is a young/new codebase and it is going to take some time to implement most of the features that everyone needs. We have shipped a first stable update a few months ago with support for basic features including the 1Password mini that has filling support with Login/Credit Card/Identity items. Initially, we're supporting 1Password.com service first since there's no current Windows app that integrates with 1Password.com service but it does support local vaults as read-only. You can find out more in our blog post here: https://blog.agilebits.com/2016/10/13/windows-teams/

We don't have a timeframe on the final 1Password 6 version for everyone yet, we're working as fast we can and you can see the progress we're making here.

• bkendig
    bkendig
    Community Member

Thank you for the information! Will there be an announcement (or will 1Password 4 let me know) when 1Password 6 has reached feature parity, so that I can upgrade to it without losing functionality?

• Hi @bkendig,

There certainly will be a lot of noise about this and we do want to add an upgrade available notice to 1Password 4 as soon as it is ready.

This discussion has been closed.