Apple watch duplicate entries

Options
djdes
djdes
Community Member

When I moved entries that were tagged to apple watch to my personal vault the entries became duplicated in the watch. I have uninstalled and reinstalled but this hasn't fixed the issue. I have remove the tag from the items that are duplicated this only leaves 1 copy on the watch but I can't remove that item. 1password for ios and watch and ios and watch ios are up to date.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• rlgleason51
    rlgleason51
    Community Member
    Options

I had this problem. Found out that the old version of 1P used a tag to port to Apple Watch. I deleted the Apple Watch tag and my duplicates disappeared.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@rlgleason51: Thanks! :)

@djdes: I think rlgleason51 may be right. I've done that myself plenty of times while trying to maintain a Primary vault for Apple Watch and also test the betas. Also, check your various vaults. And it's easy to find tags in the Organize tab in the app. Be sure to let us know what you find!

• gtrogue
    gtrogue
    Community Member
    edited January 2017
    Options

I have a similar problem but not exactly the same. I have an entry stuck in my Apple Watch.
    I have gone as far as deleting the login and emptying the trash in 1Password and the entry is still showing on the Apple Watch even though I don't even have the Apple Watch setting enabled in 1Password.

I have removed all old "Apple Watch" tags from every entry and, as I said, deleted the password entry that is stuck on the Apple Watch. I have uninstalled 1Password on the watch and iPhone, restarted both devices multiple times and no matter what I do this one entry always shows up on the watch even though it isn't even in my vault anymore.

Any ideas?

Edit:

Okay.

• I uninstalled 1Password from my watch and iPhone.
    • Restarted iPhone and watch.
    • Reinstalled on iPhone and setup a new standalone vault (did not open my existing synced vault)
    • Added a single login entry to the new vault
    • Installed 1Password on watch
    • Opened 1Password on the watch and the stupid old entry is still there even though it doesn't even exist in the vault on the iPhone and the "Enable Apple Watch" setting is turned off in 1Password in iOS.

What is going on? Is there some way to actually clear out 1Password data short of resetting my watch and setting it up as new again?
    I have Apple Watch Series 2 running watchOS 3.1.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@gtrogue: I really, really hope that it isn't necessary to reset your watch, but this does sound completely bizarre and perhaps outside of the control of 1Password. Just to make sure we're on the same page, are you saying that even after deleting 1Password from your Apple Watch, you're seeing 1Password there, with this single item? Have you tried adding the other Login item you created in the new vault to Apple Watch? I wonder if that will trigger 1Password refreshing its data there. Let me know what you find!

• gtrogue
    gtrogue
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty: I was finally able to get it to clear out.

• I removed 1Password from my watch and phone and restarted both
    • Added it back to my phone, created a new vault, and added a single login
    • I installed it on my watch and turned on "Enable Apple Watch" option in 1Password for the phone
    • Turned off the Enable Apple Watch option and removed it from my watch
    • Uninstalled 1Password on my phone
    • Restarted phone
    • Reinstalled on phone and opened my existing synced vault
    • Reinstalled on watch
    • Enabled Apple Watch option on phone

Now the old entry is gone and everything seems back to normal. I'm sure there are a few uninstalls and restarts I didn't need but I wanted to make sure everything was cleared out. This was a really strange problem.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@gtrogue: Indeed. Thanks for getting back to me. It sounds like the watch was caching the 1Password app for some reason. I'm not sure why that would happen or how it got cleared up finally, but it's definitely something we'll keep an eye out for in our testing.

This discussion has been closed.