Why can't I specify a vault while creating a new login while viewing "All Vaults"?

Options

By default I view "All Vault". In this view, new logins are always added to my personal vault. Sometimes I want to save them to a different (work) vault, but the option to specify which vault to save to is disabled in the Chrome extension. This restriction causes friction and extra work repeatedly.

For example, if I generate a new password during a signup flow, but it's not auto-detected by 1password, the password is no longer on my clipboard if I open the Mac app and try to manually create the login in a specific vault.

1Password Version: 6.5.2
Extension Version: 4.6.2.90
OS Version: OS X 10.11.6
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:specify vault

Comments

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, @superstrong. I'm not sure I understand what you're seeing. I just tested this with both autosave and manual save on our forum sign in page and here's what I see:

I'm able to choose which vault to save into in the popup next to Vault. Does this match what you're seeing or am I looking in the wrong area?

--
    Jamie Phelps
    Code Wrangler @ AgileBits
    Fort Worth, Texas

• superstrong
    superstrong
    Community Member
    Options

I see now, what I'm looking at is the 1password Mac app, not the extension (sorry). If the popup does not auto-detect the login with the generated password, I need to open the Mac app to manually create it. By default, when viewing "All Vaults", I cannot save the login to a specific vault.

Unfortunately, I'm now unable to reproduce the clipboard behavior I experienced earlier that caused me to do a password reset immediately after signing up for a new account on a site (formstack.com) where the signup fields were not auto-detected by 1password.

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni
    Options

When you have an item selected, you can move it to another vault by choosing Item > Share and then the appropriate account and vault.

This discussion has been closed.