Search box refresh on sync bug

dmeeze
dmeeze
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

I'm using the release stream Windows version (6.2.333d) and have been for a few months now.

My bug is a common use-case for me.
1) I open 1Password,
2) I type a search like "ServerX" in the "Search in all vaults" box
3) I take my hands off the keyboard and grab the mouse to [Copy] my password.
4) 1Password refreshes from the vault, which refreshes the display and loses my searched/filtered results.
5) I go back to the search box and retype or trigger a change to get my search results back.

It's minor, but happening multiple times per day is infuriatingly annoying.

It may be worth noting that I'm in Australia, adding a guaranteed 200+ms latency to any international servers - which may be why few others are complaining about it. I'm also a programmer and a fairly fast typist, so yes, I'm aware i'm "beating" the refresh/sync timer. However it's worth noting that this happens all the time, not just occasionally.

Cheers

-d

1Password Version: 6.2.333d
Extension Version: N/A
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: 1Password

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2017

@dmeeze: Thank you so much for taking the time to vent about this. It drives me crazy as well, and I really appreciate having another voice I can refer to as I plead for an end to this. :lol:

Honestly, latency had never occurred to me since I'm in the US, but I can imagine that this bothers you even more than it does me as a result. In addition to searching like you mentioned, I most encounter this when opening the app and going to the settings: Ctrl T, many, many times...

So while I can't promise a time frame on this since the team has a lot on their plate with regard to everything being worked on for the new 1Password 6 Windows desktop app, please know that we're very much motivated to get this fixed as well. You shouldn't have to move or type slower to avoid this. ;)

ref: OPW6-249

This discussion has been closed.