"Vault for Saving"

Options
mmm1
mmm1
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Under the Windows 10 client under Options>General>Vault for Saving>

When I view this it shows all of my correct "Vaults" plus 3 other ones that don't exist.

They are

"Personal -".........incorrect
"Original Vault".........incorrect
"Shared -".........incorrect
Plus my N other correct vaults.

I assume these were from temp account that was created by mistake? Regardless this is a bug.

Michael

1Password Version: 6.2.333
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: 1Pass

Comments

• Hi @mmm1,

Thanks for reporting this.

I assume these were from temp account that was created by mistake?

I'm not sure what you meant by the temp account, can you clarify what happened? Did you sign out of that temp account? The list is pulled from your accounts stored in the 1Password app.

If you go to the Settings on top right to select Accounts & Vaults, do you see the second account or maybe a dupe empty menu? If yes, try expanding that menu to sign out and see if it works.

• mmm1
    mmm1
    Community Member
    Options

It is simple. I signed in and out of the 6.2x client with different user/pass. There is a NULL history... I assume there is a legacy of the past sign-ins. Who knows, but you can probably reproduce it.

• Hi @mmm1,

We clear all account-related data when you explicitly sign out. Am I correct to understand that you have gone to Settings > Accounts & Vaults and you do not see a second account there?

• mmm1
    mmm1
    Community Member
    Options

I found the issue.

Every time you sign out of an account, there is a NULL history in the list that is preserved. Very simple for you to try.

Load two accounts.
    Close and open the windows client.
    Sign out of one account.
    Close and open the windows client.
    Sign into the account you exited.
    View

Options>General>Vault for Saving>

Now I have a list of the previous vaults that are duplicated. One is correct. The other has the "Name -" by it.

Obvious bug....

• Hi @mmm1,

I can reproduce it as long as I don't restart the app after signing in again. If I restart the app, it then refreshed correctly and no longer shows the old vaults. Is this true for you as well?

If so, this should be resolved in the next update as I cannot reproduce it anymore in the latest internal build. This looks to be a refresh issue that we're working on fixing in the next series of updates.

• mmm1
    mmm1
    Community Member
    Options

You are correct, but just not quitting the app (I mean clicking the X in the windows app). You need to close all background processes as well. I did not try that until now. When that is done, the list is corrected. Thanks.

• Hi @mmm1,

Yes, sorry, I should've clarify that you need to terminate 1Password completely.

This will be improved in the next update for sure, we have a lot of improvements coming related to refresh issues like this.

This discussion has been closed.