1Password does not work for logging in on Fedex.com website

Options

In case you don't know, 1Password does not work for logging in on the Fedex.com Office Print website. 1P does not connect with the login popup window with my username and password. I have to manually copy & paste my username & password to log in.

1Password Version: 6.5.3
Extension Version: 4.6.2
OS Version: MacOS 10.12.2 Sierra
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:Fedex.com

Comments

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @AMCarter3,

Does the popup login form that 1Password is failing to fill look like this?

If you right-click in it and see "About Adobe Flash Player …" in the context menu, that's the reason why 1Password is unable to fill it.

1Password is unable to save and fill logins that use Adobe Flash. As far as we know, no browser password manager supports Flash-based sites because it is a proprietary solution and does not interface with the browser.

Most websites realize the problems with using Flash and provide a standard HTML login page as well. If you cannot find one (maybe you can first sign in on the main FedEx page?), the only workaround is to save the username and password in 1Password and copy and paste it whenever you need to log into the site (like you've already been doing). If you can't find a HTML login page, it might be worth e-mailing FedEx support and requesting an upgraded login system, one that doesn't use the aging and proprietary Flash technology.

Sorry for the inconvenience of this.

• AMCarter3
    AMCarter3
    Community Member
    Options

Spot on. So that's the issue, eh? Fedex is the only site I've encountered this use of Adobe Flash for the login popup window. Too bad. I will send feedback to Fedex.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Yep, that pesky Flash is the issue. Your best bet is probably to see what brown (wait, that was UPS) FedEx can do for you with 1Password. :lol:

• AMCarter3
    AMCarter3
    Community Member
    Options

I sent feedback. If I get any interesting response, I'll let you know.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @AMCarter3,

Thanks for taking time to do that, and we'd appreciate anything of interest you receive back and care to share. :+1::smile:

Have a great week!

• AMCarter3
    AMCarter3
    Community Member
    Options

We'll, I did learn from our local FedEx store manager today that he was told FedEx is doing a major upgrade to their website. He expects to see it start rolling out within a week.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for letting us know, and so soon! :sunglasses:

• AMCarter3
    AMCarter3
    Community Member
    Options

Right. Interesting timing. We shall see how it turns out.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

:+1:

This discussion has been closed.