Using 1password with a smart television

Options

Hi, I currently use my iPad with 1password & am managing all my logins in that way so far. I recently bought a new TV that has an android internet capability, my particular points of concern about using the TV's system are:

1. I'm unsure but there doesn't seem to be any way to have virus protection on the TV system. If this is correct I wouldn't want to expose my 1password system?
  2. If I use 1password via the iPad & just view the login details I'd have to enter the details in the TV browser manually as I wouldn't have the option to copy & paste?

I'd be very grateful for any help and advice, thanks.

Comments

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I'm not super familiar with smart TVs (Mine is almost 10 years old and pretty dumb by current standards) but as far as I know there's not a way for us to integrate with this kind of system. The closest thing I have used is the Apple TV, but I can use my iPhone to copy and paste my passwords using the Remote app. I'm not sure that applies in this case.

What might be helpful is to use the large type feature to show the password on your iPad and then type it in on the TV. Just tap and hold on the password field and choose Large Type. This is much easier to see and keep up with which character you've typed. In most cases, at least this should be a one-time operation and the password should be saved, so that means it's a one-time pain to get the password entered, but after that should be smooth sailing.

--
    Jamie Phelps
    Code Wrangler @ AgileBits
    Fort Worth, Texas

This discussion has been closed.