Wrong categories after update

Options
jo-b
jo-b
Community Member

Hi, after updating my old 3.xxx to the actual 1PW, some of my entries are wrongly categorized. For example, some of my e-mail accounts are now "Login". I'm searching for a way to "drag" them to the right place.

1Password Version: 6.3.1
Extension Version: 4.5.7
OS Version: 10.11.6
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:wrong categories after update

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @jo-b,

Sorry to hear some items aren't showing up in the categories you expected them to after upgrading! It's not currently possible to move an item from one category to another, so you would need to copy and paste the data into a new item in the new category. But we have some tips for how to make that process a bit easier in this blog article: Quick Tip: Migrate your details between 1Password items

I'm not entirely sure why that may have happened in the first place, but it must have something to do with changes made to the categories starting in 1Password 4. Most of the categories were retained but some categories were merged into Logins. For example, the Wallet group from 1Password 3 was removed in 1Password 4, but all the categories that were inside that group (Bank Account, Credit Card, Driver's License, and others) are now their own categories. The Accounts group is also gone, and some of the categories from Accounts are still there (such as Database, Email Account, and Wireless Router) but many categories from that group have been converted into Logins (such as FTP, Generic Accounts, and so on).

Is it possible the items you used for keeping track of email accounts were technically a different type of item?

• jo-b
    jo-b
    Community Member
    Options

Good evening Drew_AG,
    thanks for your quick response. I will take a look to your "migration-hints" within the next days - at least I will do the migration when needed. To answer your last question: I don't think so. Every email account was filled with all necessary data, depending on standards of each provider.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Ah, I see. Be sure to let us know if you have any other questions! :)

• jo-b
    jo-b
    Community Member
    Options

Ok - after "some" time 8-) , I tried to "convert" another old e-mail account, following the link Drew_AG posted. The problem is: it's not shown at the logins of 1PW mini although is shown at the logins of 1PW! ... and yes, I'm up to date with the app. If helpful, I could send some screenshots for internal use.

• rudy
    Options

Hi @jo-b,

Could you check that the particular item that seems missing has its "display" setting set to "always" and not "never display in browser"?

1. click on the item in the main 1Password app
    2. click on the edit button in the bottom right hand corner of the window
    3. check under the display pop-up in the item details
    4. it should say always

Rudy

• jo-b
    jo-b
    Community Member
    Options

You got it, Rudy. Thanks a lot.

jo-b

• rudy