To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

2 Personal Vaults, Help Delete 1

Options
mochenpa
mochenpa
Community Member

Sorry for having to ask this, just getting used to 1PW and seem to have created 2 Personal vaults and would like to delete 1 that is empty. Is that possible?

Thanks in advance,
Mochenpa

1Password Version: 6.2.333
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:two personal vaults

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @mochenpa,

Thank you for getting in touch! :)

You can easily delete your second vault via web-interface. Here is how:

Create, share, and manage vaults

Please let me know if it helps. Thank you!

++
    Greg

• mochenpa
    mochenpa
    Community Member
    Options

Gregg, there are no pencil edit icons appearing for either one of the personal vaults online or offline interfaces. I am puzzled by this. Do you have any other ideas?

Thanks for the tip.

Mochenpa

• Roman
    Roman
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @mochenpa! I think @Greg may have misread your original post as 'he has two personal vaults on his account, he wants to get rid of one'. I looked at your account situation and realized that you have two accounts, so the reason why you see two Personal vaults (which is the default vault for an account) is that you may actually be logged in to two accounts.

This is easy to fix by signing out of the account that you don't want to use. However, please check that there are no items in the Personal vault for the account you don't want to use first, as you'll lose access to those items once the account has been removed. Open the 1Password menu and click on Switch vault to switch to the Personal vault of the account you don't need. If it's empty, no password items should show up in the middle column of the main window. If they do, please move them to the other Personal vault of your other account.

Once you're certain that the unwanted account doesn't contain any critical data, you can sign out of it. Open the Preferences in 1Password and navigate to the Accounts tab. Locate the unwanted account in the list and click on it. The account details for the selected account will now be shown on the right-hand side of the pane together with a button to Sign out.

I hope this helps. Please get back to me if you need any additional help. I’m here for you! :)

• mochenpa
    mochenpa
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Roman_AG! Thanks for your help. Today I was able to go in and delete the extra personal vault. However, it does not appear to me that I have 2 accounts or I am somehow missing something. Could you check again from your side? I think that it is working correctly but I would like to be sure.
    ~mochenpa

• Hi @mochenpa,

From what I'm seeing on my side, it looks like you've done right. Let us know if you have any more questions.

Rick

• mochenpa
    mochenpa
    Community Member
    Options

OK, one more issue. How do I understand and resolve Sync Errors?

~mochenpa

• Roman
    Roman
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@mochenpa - I'm not entirely sure what you mean. In my experience there are no sync errors when using a 1Password account.

Are you seeing any? If so, where and what do they say?

This discussion has been closed.