CC fill-in not taking account number at all and expire date correctly (wrong year).

Options

I have created a new CC entry. The account number from the 1Password entry is not being pulled. Also the expire year of 2019 is showing up online as 2014.

I can provide screenshots if needed.

--M

1Password Version: 6.5.3
Extension Version: 4.6.2.90
OS Version: OSX 10.12.3 Beta (16D17a)
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:CC fill-in not taking account number at all and expire date correctly (wrong year).

Comments

• matthew_ag
    matthew_ag
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @mldennis,

Thanks for reporting this! Could you me know which website this is happening with? I can try myself to see if I see the same behaviour.

Also - screenshot(s) would be very helpful - of course please be careful to not include any personal / sensitive information in them.

Best regards,
    Matt

• mldennis
    mldennis
    Community Member
    Options

Since it is the Default Autopay credit card section, I am not sure how far you are going to get.

• mldennis
    mldennis
    Community Member
    edited January 2017
    Options

Removed by AgileBits

• mldennis
    mldennis
    Community Member
    Options

Information has been changed to CC erroneous values.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @mldennis,

These are public support forums and so I've removed the images because the data looked far too real at first glance. I hope they were images of a test item to highlight the problem. If that was data for a real card I would strongly recommend requesting a new card, tell the bank the old one has been lost.

Screenshots can sometimes be useful but much more important is ensuring your information remains safe.

Now if you reply saying of course it wasn't real data that's fine, I've been over zealous but I'd rather make this mistake than leaving the images up and finding out otherwise later.

The most common cause I've come across in the past is if the browser is filling in the details rather than 1Password. I don't know if Firefox can but Safari and Chrome both have such a facility. Is it possible your preferred browser is one of these and that maybe the browser is filling the bad data? If it is a possibility then our page, Turn off the built-in password manager in your browser will help. It isn't precisely aimed at autofilling of credit card details but in browser filling in general so will guide you to the right place to look.

Now I may very well be mistaken. If the fields remain empty until you've first brought up the 1Password mini menu and selected this Credit Card Item then it's us but the wrong expiry date is very bizarre and unlike 1Password. In this case the best route forward would be if we can learn what site you're seeing this bad behaviour on, it may very well be we need to file a bug report and see what we can do to fix this.

• mldennis
    mldennis
    Community Member
    Options

The screen shots I posted were test data. I am very involved in PII security and that is why 1Password is being extensively scrutinized by my team to find any holes. I would walkthrough on the phone with one of your engineers to see this happening if you can arrange it. Other than that the place I am using this 1P CC entry is in a second layer that you would not be able to get to yourself without creating an account there yourself. Let me know. I can PM you to get connected with an engineer.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @mldennis,

I'm glad to hear it was definitely test data in your screenshots! :)

Something littlebobbytables had brought up (and which I'm also curious about) is whether that credit card form is being filled by the 1Password extension in your browser, or if the browser itself is automatically filling it for you. If the browser is filling the form, that explains why it isn't matching the information you've saved in 1Password. Can you please let us know the excact steps you take to have that form filled? Do you click on the 1Password icon in your browser's toolbar and choose the Credit Card item you created? Or if you take other steps, please let us know.

Also, is the problem happening on only one website? On other sites, are the credit card details filled in correctly? If you create a brand new credit card item in 1Password and try using that to fill the credit card web form, does the same problem happen? What browser are you using, and what version of that browser?

Thanks in advance! :)

This discussion has been closed.